I want concrete proof of Islam’s validity. Any person from any religion will defend his/her religion as the valid one. Will you please answer my question from other sources too instead of the Qur’an only?
Submitted by on Thu, 29/09/2011 - 22:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
-First of all, it is not very easy to give long and detailed information here due to the question-answer format that needs to be short. It is much better to eliminate various doubts related to Islam by talking face to face. If you want something like that, we are ready to do it.
-Since the fact that the Quran is the word of Allah – with the support of scientific discoveries – is a visible reality, what importance do the nonsensical words of the people who are easily affected by Satan through imaginary assumptions have? Since the Quran, the word of Allah, has proved its divine identity by challenging the humanity, everything it says is true. Anyone who has any doubts that the Quran is the word of Allah can talk to us face to face and discuss it in detail as long as they are unbiased and they take their mind and conscience into consideration.
-The main reference and resource of Islam is the Quran. If it is proved that the Quran is the word of Allah, the fact that Islam is the true religion is also proved.
Islamic scholars have written hundreds of books regarding the fact that the Quran is a miracle. You will appreciate that it is necessary to have sufficient information if you want to understand a topic very well. Therefore, we will only give some examples related to the miraculous aspects of the Quran, which we think will be understood. We hope those examples will be enough to show that Hazrat Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah and that Islam is the true religion.
-In addition, the fact that the Quran challenged Arab polytheists, who were at the peak of the rhetoric in Arabic at that time, declaring that it will give up its cause even if they produced a chapter similar to any of its chapters is definite proof that the Quran is a book sent down by Allah.
- It is additional proof that tens of poets and literary people gave up their obstinacy and accepted Islam.
-The fact that genius scholars that were at the peak of Arab literature like Tabari, Zamakhshari, Jahiz, Sakkaki, Jurjani, Baqillani, Baydawi, and Nasafi unanimously said, “The rhetoric, the literary aspect and the style of the Quran are unique; no work of man can be compared to it.” and that can talk in the name of science is an important indication of the Quran’s divine identity
a. Hazrat Prophet was illiterate; he could not read or write. Our evidence is the following verse: “And thou wast not (able) to recite a Book before this (Book came) nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: in that case, indeed, would the talkers of vanities have doubted.” (al-Ankabut, 29/48).
As it is seen, it is clearly declared in the verse that Hazrat Prophet could not read and write. If something that was opposite to what is stated in the verse were in question, no sane man would believe in him. The fact that all of his friends were ready to sacrifice their lives and that some of them did sacrifice their lives shows that they did not see anything contrary to the verse.
b. It is clearly expressed in the chapter Tabbat that Abu Lahab would die as an unbeliever and go to Hell; Abu Lahab died as an unbeliever, proving that prophetic news of the Quran virtually.
(In the chapter Tabbat, one of the first chapters that were sent down in Makkah, the statement of the Quran that Hazrat Prophet’s uncle Abu Lahab and his wife would not believe and that they would go to Hell is very clear. Time proved that chapter. If they had said that they believed although they did not believe, the cause of Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh) would have been invalidated. However, there were many enemies of Islam like them, some of whom believed later. Who other than Allah could know that they would not believe?)
c. It is stated in the chapter ar-Rum in the Quran that Byzantines would defeat Persians in a few years. It is an unquestionable miracle that the Quran stated that Byzantines, who had been defeated by Sassanids a short while ago, would fight Sassanids in a short time and defeat them and that it took place just as the Quran stated.
d. It was informed two years ago in the chapter al-Fath that Makkah was going to be conquered. History approved this news.
e. It is also stated in the Quran that Muslims would be saved from the torture of Makkan polytheists, that full security and peace would be prevalent in the region of Hejaz as a result of the spread of Islam, that polytheists would be defeated in a short time (Battle of Badr) and that the Islamic state would continue through caliphate after the death of Hazrat Prophet ; they were all prophetic news that took place and approved by history. They are historical criteria of the true religion that every sensible person, whether religious or not, needs to accept.
f. The number of the visible miracles shown by Hazrat Muhammad is more than one thousand. To say that they are all fabricated does not comply with the mind, justice and conscience. Besides, there are hundreds of miracles that were accepted by the hadith authorities and that were transmitted to us in compliance with scholarly and objective criteria. No historical resource is as strong as those resources. A person who does not believe in them cannot believe any historical information.
-Most of those miracles are present in the soundest resources like Kutub as-Sitta, especially in Bukhari and Muslim.
-Yes, the fact that it was stated in the Quran that Byzantines would fight Sassanids in a short time and defeat them, that it was informed two years ago by the Quran that Makkah would be conquered, that Muslims would be saved from the torture of Makkan polytheists, that full security and peace would be prevalent in the region of Hejaz as a result of the spread of Islam, that polytheists would be defeated in a short time (Battle of Badr) and that the Islamic state would continue through caliphate after the death of Hazrat Prophet were all prophetic news that took place and approved by history. They are historical criteria of the true religion that every sensible person, whether religious or not, needs to accept.
- We find it useful to give a summary of the statement of Badiuzzaman Said Nursi pointing to some examples of those miracles.
-Small stones mentioning the names of Allah and glorifying Him in the hand of Hazrat Prophet,
-Tiny stones and soil becoming effective like cannon balls in his hand and causing the defeat of the enemy as it is declared openly by the verse which means, “O My Messenger! It was Allah who made the small stones you threw hit their targets in the Battle of Badr.”,
- Splitting the moon into two with the finger of the same hand as it is stated in the verse: “the moon is cleft asunder”;
- Water flowing from the ten fingers of the same hand like fountains and making the army drink from it;
- The same hand becomes a cure for the ill and the wounded- all this shows how wondrous a miracle of Power his blessed hand is. For friends, the palm of this hand is, as it were, a little mosque of the Most Holy -even if stones enter it, they praise and glorify Allah. For enemies, it is a miniature arsenal of the Lord in which soil and rocks become bombs in it. For the ill and the wounded, it is a little pharmacy of the Most Merciful and a cure for every wound it touches. When it rises with wrath, it divides the moon and give it the shape of hemispheres. When it gesticulates with grace, it resembles a fountain of Mercy with ten spigots giving abundant water. Since it is only the hand of this being that is the object of such magnificent miracles, will it not be obvious how highly he is accepted in the sight of the Creator of the universe, how truthful he is in his cause, and how fortunate are those who have taken the oath of allegiance to the owner of that hand?.”(Mektubat/19. Mektup/13. işaret)
-The Quran contains many realities that no one but Allah could know in the age when it was sent down; furthermore, the wonderful style and the fluency of its expressions are miracles on their own. For instance, when an ordinary person who does not know the meaning of the Quran or even a person who does not know that what he is listening is the Quran listens to the Quran from a tape or CD and then some other music with nice melodies, he will definitely say that the Quran does not resemble the other pieces of music and that it has a very nice tune, wonderful fluency and very fine melodic art esthetics. We approve what that person says. Although we have read hundreds of books in Arabic, we observe that none of them has that wonderful fluency and none of them can approach it.
-As Badiuzzaman Said Nursi proves clearly, the chapter of al-Ikhlas, which contains four verses and six sentences, has such a style of expression and design that it contains 36 chapters of al-Ikhlas. It has been determined that the 36-chapter al-Ikhlas, one within another, put forward by Nursi contains 1440 chapters in accordance with the permutation rule in mathematics. (See Niyazı Beki, Kur’an’ın büyük ve parlak bir tefsiri Risale-i Nur). That is, one of the examples of the challenge by the Quran that nothing similar to even one chapter of it can be produced is the chapter of al-Ikhlas. Then, the Quran is definitely the word of Allah.
Questions on Islam
- Types of Miracles
- Why did Allah send the Quran as the last book?
- Are scientific discoveries mentioned in the Quran?
- What is the state of sorcery in Judaism? Do they not regard sorcery haram today according to their religion?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- Will you please give information about the miracles of the Prophet mentioned in the Quran?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- Why there are conflicts between religions although they believe in the same Allah?
- What is the state of the non-Muslims who are not informed about the religion of Islam?
- 10. Universality of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad