How were the earth and the heavens separated when they were joined together? Does the Quran mention this issue?
Submitted by on Thu, 14/05/2020 - 10:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
1.1.3.How were the Earth and the Sky separated when they were adjacent?
Cosmology books liken all of the characteristics of the period after the first six stages of creation to the characteristics of the universe today. Matter was shaped at that time and the mutual and harmonious interaction of the atoms was initiated under high temperature. The formation of atoms helped to form molecules; with the combination of molecules, many substances filled the space; celestial bodies began to form under appropriate physical conditions; suns, worlds, planets were created by a divine power. The typical characteristic after the sixth period is the temperature up to 4,000 degrees. Under that temperature, the whole space was not as dark as it is today; it shone brightly.
The typical characteristic after the sixth period is the temperature up to 4,000 degrees. Under that temperature, the whole space was not as dark as it is today; it shone brightly.
Due to a requirement of wisdom, the density values increased with the condensation of matter in the form of gas and its cooling over time; and the planets that we know started to be shaped with wisdom from the solidifying matter. By the time the universe reached its first 700,000th year, it was presumably still a homogeneous cloud of hydrogen and helium. However, the universe did not collapse into a single point and turn into a single galaxy; billions of centers of galaxies were created. Why was the universe kept a gas cloud for a long time? Why was it not made collapse into a single point?
Cosmology asked itself this question for years; in 1973, Roger Penrose, a theoretical physicist and a black hole expert, tried to calculate the power of the first creation as “the Initial Uniqueness and Singularity”. He saw tiny dots smaller than a proton that occurred as a result of this ‘Big Bang’. They were not created by the collapse of stars like a black hole; they were created during the first creation. Although those black dots were smaller than an atom, it is understood that they behaved like a black hole and swallowed the things that came before them and left their mark behind.
Clouds of hydrogen and helium gathered around those great attraction points; thus, the nuclei of billions of galaxies were formed. The universe opened from a point adjacent to a cosmic soup and a cloud of gas; then, it was shaped for a particular purpose. The Quran informs us about that great transformation as follows:
“Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living being. Will they not then believe?”1
Questions on Islam
- What happened in the first 6 days of creation? How does the Quran mention that the universe was created in six days?
- What happened in the first seconds of creation? Will you please give information about the creation phase by phase?
- Question 57: Is it appropriate to mention religion in scientific studies? Science is based on experiment and religion is based on belief. Therefore, science and religion always contradict.
- Does the Qur'an prophetize this current time period as an end of an era or the end of life altogether?
- Well-Guarded Canopy
- Scientific Miracles of the Quran #14: Well-Guarded Canopy
- Is the universe expanding? Will you explain the issue from the Islamic viewpoint?
- What is the new meaning of Space and Time? How does quantum physics change our view of matter and universe?
- How do laws of physics confirm and necessitate the existence of a realm outside the realm of physics?
- IS LIFE A STRUGGLE?