How to repent?
Submitted by on Thu, 26/09/2019 - 16:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
Abu Bakr as-Siddiq narrates: I asked,
"O Messenger of Allah! Teach me an invocation so that I may invoke Allah with it after my prayer." The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"Pray as follows:
"O Lord! I have done great injustice to myself and none except You forgives sins, so bestow on me a forgiveness from You, and Have Mercy on me, You are the Forgiver, the Merciful." (Bukhari, Adhan, 149, Daawat, 16)
"O Lord! You are Allah. There is no god but You. You are free from imperfection and deficiencies. You are high. I have wronged myself. O Lord! I expect Your pardoning."
"Our Lord! We have been unjust to ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and do not have mercy on us, we shall certainly be of the losers."
"O Allah! You are Most Forgiving, and You love forgiveness, so forgive me."
Questions on Islam
- Are there any repentance prayers (duas) taught by the Prophet (PBUH)? What prayer should we say when we repent?
- What are the verses about Angels, Jinn, and Devils?
- Is it possible to say prayers (duas) in a different language during prostration (sajdah)?
- Distress has seized me
- According to the Quran, how did the Iblis (the Satan) rebellion take place?
- Surah 71. Nuh (Noah)
- Surah 11. Hud (Hud)
- Surah 66. At-Tahrim (Banning, Prohibition)
- "A person who repents is not regarded as insistent on his sin even if he acts contrarily to his repentance seventy times a day." What is meant by that hadith?
- Is a person who committed a lot of sins and fornication and then repented, asked for forgiveness and found the right path forgiven?