How to repent?
Submitted by on Thu, 26/09/2019 - 16:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
Abu Bakr as-Siddiq narrates: I asked,
"O Messenger of Allah! Teach me an invocation so that I may invoke Allah with it after my prayer." The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"Pray as follows:
"O Lord! I have done great injustice to myself and none except You forgives sins, so bestow on me a forgiveness from You, and Have Mercy on me, You are the Forgiver, the Merciful." (Bukhari, Adhan, 149, Daawat, 16)
"O Lord! You are Allah. There is no god but You. You are free from imperfection and deficiencies. You are high. I have wronged myself. O Lord! I expect Your pardoning."
"Our Lord! We have been unjust to ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and do not have mercy on us, we shall certainly be of the losers."
"O Allah! You are Most Forgiving, and You love forgiveness, so forgive me."
Questions on Islam
- Are there any repentance prayers (duas) taught by the Prophet (PBUH)? What prayer should we say when we repent?
- Distress has seized me
- Surah 11. Hud (Hud)
- Surah 71. Nuh (Noah)
- People whose bellies are like houses and full of snakes
- Al-Ghaffar (The All-Forgiving)
- Is it not a contradiction that Allah created the sins and human beings so that they would repent and that He blamed those who committed sins and threatened them with Hell?
- “Do not wrong your own souls; your souls have got rights on you, too.” Could you explain this sentence?
- Surah 20. Ta Ha (Ta-ha)
- Surah 28. Al-Qasas (The Story, Stories)