How is it necessary to treat one’s mother? I always argue with my mother. She sometimes gets angry and shouts at me; I shout at her too. She swears at me and I answer her back. I pray against her silently. Do I commit sins when I do so?
Submitted by on Wed, 02/01/2019 - 09:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is haram for you to answer your mother back even if she utters bad words.
Allah tells us not to not to say our parents a word of contempt and to repel them, but to address them in terms of honor. It is haram for you to say offensive words to your mother.
You should apologize to your mother and ask forgiveness. You should also repent.
Questions on Islam
- Asma bint Abi Bakr (r.anha)
- Umm Ayman (r.anha)
- 7. Tabligh (Conveying, proclaiming) Method of Hazrat Muhammad
- My father bedamned me unjustly. Can his curse come true?
- Aisha bint Abi Bakr (r.anha)
- Why does Allah want us to pray for our parents?
- Prophet Isa [Jesus] (Peace be upon him)
- Can you explain the methods of overcoming excitement and of becoming successful? (Social Phobia)
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)
- Umm Ruman (r.anha)