How is it necessary to treat one’s mother? I always argue with my mother. She sometimes gets angry and shouts at me; I shout at her too. She swears at me and I answer her back. I pray against her silently. Do I commit sins when I do so?
Submitted by on Wed, 02/01/2019 - 09:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is haram for you to answer your mother back even if she utters bad words.
Allah tells us not to not to say our parents a word of contempt and to repel them, but to address them in terms of honor. It is haram for you to say offensive words to your mother.
You should apologize to your mother and ask forgiveness. You should also repent.
Questions on Islam
- Abu Hurayra (r.a.)
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- Can I get information about the high ethics of Hz. Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Why was the Prophet (pbuh) delivered to a wet-nurse? What were the extraordinary incidents that took place while the Prophet (pbuh) stayed with the wet-nurse?
- Tell me about Allah!
- Who is the Companion known as "the Translator of the Quran"?
- My father bedamned me unjustly. Can his curse come true?
- Abdullah bin Umm Maktum (r.a.)
- How was the body language and speaking style of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
- Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (r.a.)