Will you write the hadith about the Prophet’s (pbuh) advice to the young person who wanted to commit fornication?
Submitted by on Fri, 15/04/2011 - 12:04
Dear Brother / Sister,
This narration is a hadith. The Prophet (pbuh) was together with the Companions. A young man came to him and said insolently:
"O Messenger of Allah! I want to be friends with a woman and commit fornication." the companions got very angry. Some of them were furious and wanted to beat him and to dismiss him. Some of them shouted because the young man spoke so insolently.
The Prophet (pbuh) said, “Let that young man come here.” He called the young man near him, made him set down next to him and asked him,
“Would you like this ugly act for your mother? Would you regard it something nice?" The young man answered furiously:
"No, O Messenger of Allah." the Messenger of Allah said:
"Neither would the people like it for their mothers." Then he asked,
“Would you like this ugly act for your sister?" The young man answered furiously:
“Neither would the people like it for their sisters." Then the Messenger of Allah placed his hand on his chest and prayed, “O Allah! Keep his heart clean, guard his chastity, and forgive his sins.”
The young man left the Messenger of Allah after this prayer. He never committed a sin again; he led his life without even thinking of such an ugly thing. (Musnad, V. 257)
Questions on Islam
- Will a person who suffered the penalty given by Islam be punished again in the hereafter for the same crime?
- What kind of tortures and slanders were inflicted upon the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) by Qurayshi polytheists after he declared his prophethood openly and called people to accept Islam on Safa Hill?
- Migration to Abyssinia
- Can I get information about the high ethics of Hz. Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Can a woman choose to stay single for life?
- Suhayl bin Amr (r.a.)
- The Second Phase of the Call: Addressing Makkans on Safa Hill
- Does the belief of a person leave if he commits fornication? The following is stated in a hadith: "A person is not a believer while he is committing fornication."
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)