How did the Prophet see the states of the people of Paradise and Hell on the night of Miraj (Ascension) though people were not in Paradise and Hell (Doomsday did not strike and gathering place was not established) yet?
Submitted by on Thu, 04/07/2019 - 15:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to what Ahl as-Sunnah accepts, Paradise and Hell were created as places and they exist. However, there are no people in them now. Both of them will receive their inhabitants after Doomsday strikes and people are called to account.
The Prophet saw the states of the people of Paradise and Hell on the night of Miraj because Allah probably showed him their states in the future. God Almighty has knowledge that encompasses everything. In some science fiction films, the world of the future is shown imaginarily; similarly, the future states of the people of Paradise and Hell were shown to the Prophet (pbuh) in the form of a scene.
A discrimination about time like the present and the future is something valid for humans who are limited with time and space. Such a discrimination is not valid for the Being who created time and space.
Questions on Islam
- Will you please give information about the miracle of Isra (Night Journey) and Miraj (Ascension)?
- Will you give evidences from verses of the Quran and hadiths about the issue of seeing Allah in the hereafter?
- What can be done on the night of Raghaib? How should we benefit from holy nights?
- What to do on the Night of Power (Laylatul-Qadr)?
- I will pay the penalty in Hell but I will live in the world as I wish. I will not come to this world again; therefore, I will enjoy all kinds of pleasures and commit sins. I will go to Paradise in the end anyway since I am a Muslim.
- What are the things that prayer (salah) makes man gain?
- How should the attitude of the believers be against the oppression in the world?
- Is there penalty in the grave? What are the verses in the Quran related to penalty in the grave? If there is penalty in the grave, will it be for the body or the spirit? Is penalty in the grave contrary to Allah’s mercy?
- Will you answer the claims related to the Quran, the Gospel and Islamic contradictions?
- Until how many minutes before the end of the time period for a prayer is it permissible to pray?