How did the first attempt of assassination planned to kill the Prophet (pbuh) fail?
Submitted by on Wed, 18/01/2017 - 10:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
A group of disbelievers from the Sons of Mahzum among whom were such fierce enemies of Islam as Abu Jahl and Walid bin Mughira came together and decided to kill the Noble Prophet (pbuh) after lengthy discussions. Walid bin Mughira was to do it.
When the Prophet Muhammad, (pbuh) started to recite from the Holy Qur’an in the namaz (stated prayer), Waleed came very near to him. His ears heard his voice reciting from the Qur’an, but his eyes could not see him around.
Walid became bewildered. He went back to his friends to tell about the incident. Then they all went there. Yet again, they could see nothing. When they were in the back, the voice came in the front, when they were in the front; the voice came from the back. Finally, they left there astonished.
The Prophet, who had risen like the sun of mercy in the universe, returned home due to those insulting acts of the polytheists. He covered himself and lay down in order to relieve his sorrow.
Questions on Islam
- What offers did the polytheists who could not succeed through tortures and pressures make through Abu Talib in order to make the Prophet (pbuh) abandon his cause?
- New Intrigues of Polytheists
- How did the first attempt of assassinating the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) fail?
- He is Protected from his Enemies
- The Second Phase of the Call: Addressing Makkans on Safa Hill
- What were the items of the boycott applied by the polytheists in order to frustrate the Muslims? How was the boycott lifted?
- Boycott Against Muslims
- What kind of tortures and slanders were inflicted upon the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) by Qurayshi polytheists after he declared his prophethood openly and called people to accept Islam on Safa Hill?
- Migration to Abyssinia