How can I dissuade my friend from committing a mistake?
Submitted by on Tue, 08/09/2009 - 21:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
You should advise your friend that a muslim girl or woman cannot mary a non-muslim, unless he reverts to Islam. It is prohibited in Islam and in case of such marriage, their relations are considered “fornication”. After all if she will get marry, nothing can be done. It is her choice and she will face the punishment herself in the hereafter.
For more information, please click on the links given below;
Questions on Islam
- My Old Girlfriend
- With the wife's permission is having another woman to fulfill some needs a sin?
- Is it permissible for me to date a non-Muslim?
- Is it permitted to shake hands with women?
- If a Christian or Jewish woman (a woman from the People of the Book) who is married to a Christian or Jewish man becomes a Muslim but her husband does not become a Muslim, does the woman have to divorce her husband?
- Can a convert to Islam continue to be married to a Non Muslim Husband?
- What does Islam says about "chatting"? Is chatting with the opposite sex haram or not?
- Is it permissible to chat with the opposite sex? How does the religion of Islam see flirting and chatting with the opposite sex?
- Is taking photos allowed and do they (photos) prevent someone from praying?
- What is an "Oath" and If you vow to do something and you don't, then how do you compensate for it?