How can I be saved from laziness about performing prayers? What can save me from it? What can I do to perform my prayers on time and not to miss them?
Submitted by on Mon, 07/03/2016 - 19:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is a major sin not to perform a prayer on time and to miss it deliberately. It is necessary to avoid something like that. If a person makes such a mistake, he needs to perform the missed prayers as soon as possible and be freed from the debt. For, it is not certain when a person will die. If death comes unexpectedly, that person will die without performing his missed prayers and pass away with debt.
If a person performs a missed prayer, he will be freed from the debt but it is also necessary to repent and ask Allah for forgiveness. So, after performing a missed prayer, it is necessary to repent.
Man has to show patience when he is hit by misfortunes and avoid sins; he has to worship by showing patience. Man's soul does not like prayers but his mind, heart, conscience and other faculties want to pray and worship. The truth wants prayers to be performed. Allah and His Messenger order us to perform prayers.
A person needs to make a preference and obey the wishes of either his soul or his other faculties mentioned above. It is obvious that the soul is very weak regarding this issue.
If we perform prayers by knowing the meaning and wisdom of prayers, it will help us persevere with performing prayers.
Questions on Islam
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- Prayer, the summary of all kinds of worship
- If a person who has not performed prayers before goes to hajj and starts to perform prayers when he returns, are his previous debts of prayers removed?
- Could a person who drinks alcohol perform prayers?
- What is the position of a person who does not pay his debt deliberately though he can in the hereafter?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?
- What are the benefits of prayer for us?
- If you have to work eveyday from 4:00 p.m to 11:30 p.m, what should you do about the Asr, Maghrib, and Isha prayers?
- What is the rule of delaying prayers beyond their proper times at particular times of education and training at school, what should be done? Is it permissible to perform prayers by combining two prayers?