Evolutionists claim that some organs of animate beings are not functional. Is that claim true?
Submitted by on Tue, 27/05/2014 - 08:38
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the claims which lasted long in the literature of evolution but was left aside silently after being understood to be invalid is the conception of “Non-Functional Organs (Vestigial Organs)”.
However, some local evolutionists still think “non-functional organs” to be a great evidence of evolution and try to show them to be so.The claim of “non-functional organs” was brought forth about a century ago.
According to the claim, there were non-functional organs which were inherited by the bodies of animate beings from their ancestors, but became futile in the course of time as they were not used.
This was absolutely not a scientific claim since it depended on insufficient information. In fact, “non-functional organs” were “those whose functions were not discovered”.
The best sign showing this was the contraction of the long list recounted by the evolutionists.
An evolutionist, S.R. Scadding, accepts this truth as follows in his article entitled “Are The Non-Functional Organs Evidences For Evolution?” in the magazine of Evolutionary Theory:
“The more we learnt about biology, the narrower the list of non-functional organs became... Due to the fact that proving an organ to be non-functional is not possible and the claim of non-functional organs does not have scientific qualities, I conclude that non-functional organs do not serve as any proof in favor of evolutionary theory.”
The list of non-functional human organs put forward in 1895 by R. Wiedersheim, a German Anatomist, included some 100 organs like appendicitis, coccyx bone.
Nevertheless, it was understood that all of the organs in Wiedersheim’s list had functions of great importance in the body as science advanced.
To illustrate, the appendix assumed to be a non-functional organ was explored to be the part of lymphatic system fighting against germs entering the body.This fact is mentioned as follows in a medical source dated 1997:
The other organs like thymus, liver, spleen, appendix, bone marrow in the body are parts of lymphatic system.These too help the body tackle infections.”
The tonsils in the same “non-functional organs” list were discovered to play an important role in protecting the throat against infections, especially up to the ages of adolescence.
It was understood that the coccyx, which forms the bottom of spinal cord, provides support for the bones around pelvis and is the point of holding for some small muscles.
Afterwards, it became evident that the thymus gland activates body’s defensive system by activating T-cells; the pineal gland is responsible for producing important hormones; the thyroid gland provides a balanced growth for babies and children; the pituitary gland controls many hormone glands’ operating properly.
The half-moon-shaped piece in the eye defined as non-functional organ by Darwin was understood to work for cleaning and moisturizing the eye.
There was, also, a very important mistake the evolutionists made on the claim of non-functional organs.As we know, the claim brought on the agenda by the evolutionists was that non-functional organs of animate beings were passed down on by their ancestors of the past.
However, some organs said to be non-functional are missing in animate beings claimed to be the ancestors of human beings.
For example, some monkeys said to be the ancestors of human by the evolutionists do not have appendices.
Biologist H. Enoch, who rejects the thesis of non-functional organs, expresses this logical mistake as follows:
“Humans have appendices. However, sub-monkeys, his earlier ancestors, do not have appendices. Surprisingly, appendix emerges again in more sub-structured mammals, for instance, in opossums. So, how can the evolutionary theory explain this?
In short, the scenario of non-functional organs claimed by the evolutionists both contains logical mistakes in it and is scientifically false.
In humans, there exsist no non-functional organs left as heritage by his so-called ancestors. For, humans have not derived from other animate beings by chance; they have been created flawlessly and perfectly in their present form.
1. S. R. Scadding, "Do 'Vestigial Organs' Provide Evidence for Evolution?", Evolutionary Theory, Cilt Volume 5, Mayıs May 1981, s. p. 173.
2. The Merck Manual of Medical Information, Home edition, New Jersey: Merck & Co., Inc. The Merck Publishing Group, Rahway, 1997.
3. H. Enoch, Creation and Evolution, New York: 1966, s. p. 18-19.
Questions on Islam
- Are there answers to questions about intraspecies and interspecies evolution?
- EXAMINATION OF PSEUDOGENES FROM THE VIEWPOINTS OF EVOLUTION AND CREATION
- Example to the evolution of higher organisms: Evolution of the Horse
- Are the explanations made as “the Evolution Theory has been proved” true to a certain extent? It is said that the receptor gene of the Aldosterone hormone has been detected and all scientists of the West supported the evolution?
- What are living beings in terms of the transitional fossil form put forward as evidence for evolution?
- Similarities In Embryonic Structures
- Knowing the Creator and understanding Creation through Questions
- What is the wisdom behind the existence of nipples in men? Can you answer the thesis of the evolutionists that men’s nipples are “vestigial organs” because they have no function?
- Was the first man created out of dust or did he come from a monkey?
- SCIENCE AND EVOLUTION THAT ARE IMPOSED ON THE COMMUNITY AS IDEOLOGY