Does a student who is thinking of performing the duty of hajj that is fard need to go to hajj by leaving his school or does he need to attend his school?
Submitted by on Tue, 04/10/2016 - 01:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hajj becomes fard for a person when its conditions are present in him. It is necessary for a person for whom hajj is fard to go to hajj that year. If he delays it to the following years, he becomes a sinner. The imams of three madhhabs unanimously agree on it.
However, a person who fulfills this duty when he is alive, he is freed from this sin. If he dies before he performs hajj, he becomes a sinner even if he bequeaths hajj to be performed for him.
It is necessary for a person to have enough time to go to hajj and to return for hajj. Therefore, if hajj prevents a person from attending his school, he can delay his hajj and perform it as soon as his school finishes.
Questions on Islam
- Is it fard to go to Hajj for one who goes to Umrah?
- What are the frequent questions about hajj?
- In 2015 hajj, my leg was broken after the last jamara and I had to go to hospital with my wife. We could not perform tawaf az-ziyarah. We returned to our hometown. What should we do now?
- Will you give information about entering ihram for umrah, regions of miqat and the Mosque of Tan’im?
- Is it permissbile not to fast while on trip during Ramadan?
- What do you think about those who change their madhhab so as not to perform sunnah prayers?
- Prayers in Congregation
- performing hajj for a married woman
- About Umrah and missing the down (fajr) prayer.
- Prayer, the summary of all kinds of worship