Does sleeping while sitting break wudu?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/04/2016 - 00:23
Dear Brother / Sister,
Sleeping that makes man lose control of himself breaks wudu. It does not matter whether he sleeps lying on his side, on his back, face down or leaning on his elbow. Sleeping slightly in a way that one hears what people around him talking does not break wudu.
If a person falls when the thing that he leans on by sleeping is drawn, his wudu is invalidated since he fell asleep.
Questions on Islam
- Does sleeping without leaning on anything invalidate wudu? Are there hadiths regarding the issue?
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- Is wudu invalidated if blood flows after making wudu? For instance, if a person cuts his face while shaving or hits a place and blood comes out, is his wudu invalidated?
- Does it prevent wudu to make a pause while making wudu? Does it harm wudu if a person wears his sock after washing his right foot and before washing his left foot?
- Does breaking wind or leakage like madhi coming out while making ghusl invalidate ghusl?
- Cases in Which Wudu is Broken
- Does the gum in the eye harm wudu and ghusl?
- Are there any drawbacks to making ghusl immediately after becoming junub; is it necessary to wait for a few minutes?
- Friday Prayer