Does a person go directly to Paradise if his thawabs outweigh his sins when deeds are weighed in the Gathering Place?
Submitted by on Fri, 31/03/2017 - 16:16
Dear Brother / Sister,
When the sins and thawabs of a person are weighed and whenthawabs overweigh, his sins are forgiven and he goes to Paradise directly.
When Allah Almighty weighs the deeds, He will decide based on the superiority of the good deeds/thawabs over bad deeds/sins or vice versa. The reasons for bad deeds and sins are abundant and they are easy to commit; therefore, He will sometimes forgive a lot of bad deeds and sins of a person due to a good deed that He is pleased with...
A lot of hadiths were reported from the Prophet (pbuh) regarding the issue. One of them is as follows:
"On the way to Makkah, somebody felt very thirsty. He saw a water well and climbed down. He quenched his thirst and climbed up. When he came out, he saw a dog lolling its tongue from thirst and licking the ground. He thought, `This dog has become as thirsty as I was; it will die if it cannot find water.` He pitied the dog. He climbed down into the well again and filled his shoe with water. He held it in his mouth until he climbed out and gave the dog water to drink.
Due to this good deed of that person, Allah became pleased with him, praised him in the presence of His angels and put him to Paradise by forgiving all of his sins."
In some narrations, it is stated that the person giving water to the dog was a “prostitute”. When believers talk to and treat each other, they should act in accordance with the principle of justice in this great Mizan (Scales) of Allah. It should not be forgotten that if the good deeds of a person overweigh his bad deeds in quantity or quality, that person deserves love and respect.
Questions on Islam
- What is Mizan (Scale)?
- Will you explain the hadith about the woman who gave water to a dog going to Paradise and the woman who left a cat hungry and thirsty going to Hell? Did those women go to Paradise or Hell due to only those deeds?
- Will we be called to account in the hereafter due to the sins that are few?
- According to the following verse, will the believers whose sins are more than their rewards (thawabs) stay in Hell eternally? "But those whose balance is light, will be those who have lost their souls; in Hell will they abide." (al-Mu'minun, 23/103)
- What deeds and favors cause a person to be forgiven? Are there examples mentioned in hadiths?
- What is MIZAN (SCALE)?
- Will you write all hadiths about animals?
- It is hard for me to understand the phrase “killing all dogs” mentioned in hadiths. How is it possible that Our Prophet, who did not hurt even an ant, gave such a command?
- It is hard for me to understand the expression of “killing all the dogs” stated in hadiths. How is it possible that Our Prophet, who did not hurt even an ant, gave such a command?
- What does “The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is a mercy for all beings” mean?