Does it prevent wudu to make a pause while making wudu? Does it harm wudu if a person wears his sock after washing his right foot and before washing his left foot?
Submitted by on Fri, 27/10/2017 - 10:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
It does not prevent wudu if a person wears his sock after washing his right foot and before washing his left foot. However, it is sunnah to wash wudu organs one after another.
To Wash Wudu Organs One After Another:
Wudu is a separate deed that our religion orders to prepare for worshipping; it is a whole with its sunnahs and fards. Therefore, it is regarded as sunnah to wash an organ before another organ dries. In some madhhabs, it is regarded as fard.
It does not matter if the weather is hot or cold, windy or calm. The organs that integrate wudu are washed one after another without a pause. A deed from outside should not intervene it. In that case, it is makruh to wash wudu organs with a pause if there is no excuse. If water for wudu runs out and some time passes to find wudu is an excuse; therefore, it is not makruh to pause wudu to find water.
The same thing is valid for ghusl and tayammum. The same issues are written in Sirajul-Wahhaj and Fatawa al-Hindiyya. (Celal Yıldırım, Kaynaklarıyla İslam Fıkhı, Uysal Kitabevi: 1/25.)
Questions on Islam
- Is wudu invalidated if blood flows after making wudu? For instance, if a person cuts his face while shaving or hits a place and blood comes out, is his wudu invalidated?
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- After making ghusl, is it permissible to wear the clothes that one has worn before making ghusl?
- Does sleeping while sitting break wudu?
- How many prayers can be performed with one wudu?
- Does the gum in the eye harm wudu and ghusl?
- How did the Prophet (pbuh) make ghusl? How much water did he use and how much time did he spend making ghusl?
- Wiping over Khuffs (Waterproof Footwear)
- States that do not Prevent Wudu