Could you please explain verse 14 of Surah Al-Mumenoon regarding the creation of man, “We developed out of it another creature?
Submitted by on Sat, 09/07/2011 - 17:12
Dear Brother / Sister,
On one hand, man is made up of a simple soil in terms of the origin of his body; on the other hand, he is a superior creation because of his qualities and abilities such as senses, reasoning given by Allah (SWT). The sentence given in the verse as “then We developed out of it another creature” expresses that man becomes a complete and an independent individual by having psychological and spiritual equipments after its physiologic formation and development. (See. Diyanet Tefsiri, Kur’an Yolu: IV/52-53.)
Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay); Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest firmly fixed; Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then We made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then We developed out of it another creature: so blessed be Allah, the Best to create! (Surah Al-Mumenoon, 23/12-14).
A hadith indicates the subjects related with creation of the verse:
Each one of you is collected (i.e. constituents of creation are collected together) in his mother’s abdomen (i.e. womb ) for 40 days , and in that it is an alaqah like that , then in that it is a mudghah like that. Then God sends an angle. The spirit is breathed into him… Mehmet Sofuoğlu, Sahih-i Müslim ve Tercemesi, VIII, 114).
It can be said that up to this stage man is subject to the laws of growth, development and differentiation. From then on, a new creation phase starts in the fetus. That is, the spirit arrives in the body because the composition and arrangement of man has been completed… “then We developed out of it another creature…” (Surah Al-Mumenoon, 23/14).
Questions on Islam
- “Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that day, nor will one ask after another! (Surah Al-Mumenoon 23/101)” Why has the example of relationship been given in this verse?
- Scientific Miracles of the Qur'an is now available in HD format!
- A lump of chewed meat
- Fourth Point of Eloquence: The Qur'an mentions about the order in creatures with transparency which shows the Divine names behind them.
- How does creation take place in the womb according to the Quran and the Sunnah?
- “If He (God) so will, He can remove you and put (in your place) a new Creation.” How can we answer those who consider those verses as a proof for the creation of another kind of species and evolution?
- Can I have information about how we were created?
- Can a muslim believe that man evolved from another living thing?
- Question 15: Is it not possible for man to have been created from a small living being and to become a human being after developing gradually? Is there a verse of the Quran or a hadith contrary to this view?
- Question 11: A friend of mine opposed the information “man was created from a sperm drop”in the Quran. He said it was something that could be known by anybody in the era when the Quran was sent down