Is cheating in exams permissible?
Submitted by on Wed, 13/10/2010 - 12:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
There are some objections to cheating in exams and it may be violating others’ rights:
1- We achieve something which we have not endeavored.
2-It leads man to laziness, which does not befit Islam.
3-It is not an ethical action.
4-It prevents us from being someone to be respected in our job and school.
5-If we study for our lessons as much as we work for the cheating techniques, we can get the same result about us.
6-We lose our esteem among our friends.
7-We would not be practicing the true Islam and the honesty that Islam deserves.
8-It is inappropriate behavior since we introduce ourselves as if we know although we do not know.
9-It means violating other persons’ rights if there will be a situation of taking another person’s right because of the additional marks achieved through cheating as it happens in applying for a job or entering to a superior school.
Because of the reasons above or the reasons like those, cheating in exams and helping others cheat are never appropriate.
Questions on Islam
- What are the effects of ethics on society?
- Is it permissible to have a test tube baby? What are the conditions of having a test tube baby? Are the methods of determining the gender of the baby permissible?
- Is playing chess and backgammon religiously permissible?
- Is it appropriate to pay commission to someone who works in a company that we desire to sell our products to, in order to persuade them to buy your products?
- How should our relations with non-Muslims be?
- Lying is forbidden. However, what should we do if we are in a difficult situation? Are there circumstances under which lying is not forbidden? Is it not deceiving to lie at war?
- Why did Allah consider the four religions necessary? Would it not be all right if Islam were sent only?
- Could you please give information about the Islamic term "Nushuz" (Discord Between The Wife and The Husband)
- What are the criteria for social intercourse with non-Muslims? Is it permissible to be business partners with them?
- What is the judgment for shaving or growing a beard? What are the judgments for beard and mustache based on evidence? What is the type of beard in compliance with the Sunnah?