Can you give some information about passing in front of someone who is performing salah in the mosque?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 22:40
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not wrong to pass in front of the columns. For, they serve as sutrahs.
The salah does not become invalid when someone passes in front of the sajdah place of person who is performing salah; however the person who passes becomes sinful.
The place where it is sinful for someone to pass in front of a person who is performing the salah is the part between the feet of the person performing salah and the point that he/she prostrates in big mosques and in an open area. In small mosques, it is makruh to pass in front of the person performing salah if there are not any obstacles such as a column, a person, etc between him/her and the one performing salah.
Actually, it is sunnah for a person performing salah to put a sutrah in front of him/her if it is possible for someone to pass in front of him/her.
A little child is not held responsible if he passes in front of a praying person nor any other sins if he/she is under the age of responsibility.
Questions on Islam
- Things that invalidate prayer
- The Sunnahs of Prayer
- Jama’ah Salah (Prayer in Congregation)
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- If someone does not perform salah in congregation even if he/she does not have any excuses, is his/her salah accepted?
- Is it permissible to fast, perform prayers on behalf of someone else?
- Is it forbidden to form a rank (saff) between two columns in a prayer? It is said that there is a hadith about it.
- In what case does Allah not accept a salah performed by a person?
- What should a person who performs salah (prayer) in congregation in a middle line in a big mosque do if his wudu (ablution) is broken?
- I am a woman who does not wear hijab but I perform prayers. Are the prayers performed by a woman who does not wear hijab valid?