Can one whose hand touched pork eat something without washing his/her hand?
Submitted by on Sun, 01/02/2009 - 23:38
Dear Brother / Sister,
Because the pig is najis (dirty, not clean), it makes where it touches najis. So, if one’s hand touches pork, s/he cannot eat anything with that hand. However, s/he can eat with untouched parts of his/her hand. If s/he washes his/her hand, the state of najasah disappears. And the criterion of washing is to wash at least three times.
Questions on Islam
- clap your hand.
- Can we eat and drink when we are junub (religiously unclean)?
- Ramadan Law from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- Is it permissible to eat and drink with the left hand?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- Is it permissible for a woman who has to make ghusl (full ablution) to breastfeed her baby, to do the cleaning and to do the washing-up?
- Eating Pork Accidentally
- Will you explain the following hadith: "When you get up, wash your hands three times; you cannot know what you touched with them during the night."
- Is it religiously objectionable to use things like tincture of iodine, eau de cologne, and (raw) spirit?