Can one whose hand touched pork eat something without washing his/her hand?
Submitted by on Sun, 01/02/2009 - 23:38
Dear Brother / Sister,
Because the pig is najis (dirty, not clean), it makes where it touches najis. So, if one’s hand touches pork, s/he cannot eat anything with that hand. However, s/he can eat with untouched parts of his/her hand. If s/he washes his/her hand, the state of najasah disappears. And the criterion of washing is to wash at least three times.
Questions on Islam
- Can we eat and drink when we are junub (religiously unclean)?
- Is it permitted to shake hands with women?
- Eating Pork Accidentally
- Can Sharia be valid in our age?
- What is self-defense? What does Islam say about killing a person in self-defense?
- The reward of offering iftar
- Ramadan Law from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- Is it true that eating between times of asr (afternoon) and maghrib (evening) is forbidden? What are the appropriate manners for eating? Could you explain?
- Is it forbidden to feed dog in Islam?