Can one whose hand touched pork eat something without washing his/her hand?
Submitted by on Sun, 01/02/2009 - 23:38
Dear Brother / Sister,
Because the pig is najis (dirty, not clean), it makes where it touches najis. So, if one’s hand touches pork, s/he cannot eat anything with that hand. However, s/he can eat with untouched parts of his/her hand. If s/he washes his/her hand, the state of najasah disappears. And the criterion of washing is to wash at least three times.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permitted to shake hands with women?
- Is it permissible for Muslims to eat meat slaughtered by Non-Muslims?
- Is it permissible for Muslims the meat slaughtered by non-Muslims?
- Is it permissible to carry a pig in return for a price?
- Eating Pork Accidentally
- When a person eats or drinks alcohol or something unlawful, does s/he really lose his/her religion (belief) for 40 days?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?
- Can muslim sell pork, alcohol?
- why muslims don't eat bacon?
- Is it a sin to kill the mosquitoes or other animals in our house?