Can a married woman visit her parents without the permission of her husband?
Submitted by on Mon, 08/11/2010 - 13:28
Dear Brother / Sister,
We should primarily state that the issue in the question has two dimensions: the first one is the right of a married woman to visit her parents or her parents to visit her. The second one is the maintenance of the family bliss of the couple and the maintenance of the peace and happiness in their marriage.
As regards to the first dimension of the issue, it is an indisputable right of a married woman to visit her parents or to be visited by her parents. However, the timing for such visits is left to be determined with mutual agreement according to customs and traditions or positions of the couple. The frequency of visits of parents by a married woman who lives in a village consisting of 100 houses is not the same as for example that of a woman who lives in a city or who lives abroad.
Questions on Islam
- Can a woman take care of her parents without her husband’s permission? Does a woman have to take care of her husband’s parents?
- Is it permissible to have a test tube baby? What are the conditions of having a test tube baby? Are the methods of determining the gender of the baby permissible?
- Could you give information about the Prophet’s wives and his polygamy?
- What is Fornication (ZINA)?
- Can the spouses continue their lives in the world similarly in the hereafter?
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- Can you give information about the mahram state of a woman near her husband's brother and the things to be paid attention regarding the issue?
- Why does Allah command people
- Could you please give information about the Islamic term "Nushuz" (Discord Between The Wife and The Husband)
- How will marriage be in Paradise?