Acting upon fatwa and taqwa: What fatwa regards halal is sometimes regarded as haram or impermissible by taqwa. Is it not something like "saying halal for something that Allah renders haram and saying haram for something that Allah renders halal"?
Submitted by on Thu, 02/11/2017 - 16:22
Dear Brother / Sister,
As it is known, there exists the degree of fatwa and the degree of taqwa in religious issues. It is always possible to see those two degrees in every issue of the religion, one over the other.
The degree of fatwa is the first obligatory decree that is necessary to ascend in religious life. There is no degree below the degree of fatwa. Above fatwa is the degree of taqwa. The one who prefers taqwa receives extra rewards; the one who does not prefer it does not become a sinner. However, fatwa is not like that. Fatwa is obligatory because there is no degree below fatwa. He who falls off fatwa cannot find a place to hold on and falls into the bottom of the pit.
I should add here that man should prefer taqwa for his soul if he can in most issues and try to act based on taqwa. However, he should regard taqwa enough for others; he should regard the one who acts based on fatwa as worthy of love and he should not despise him so that the love between them will not decrease.
Questions on Islam
- What is the Judgment for Haram?
- Will the thawabs of a person who performs prayers but commits sins be more than his sins due to his prayers?
- Reading Text: Fatwa- Taqwa
- Is it wrong of me if I dont wear jilbab when I go out?
- Should women wear overcoat or jilbab to cover themselves (for tasattur)?
- Can we rely on the food items on whose package "It includes no lard and additives from pigs” is written? Is it permissible to consume them?
- What are the characteristics of a person who can give a fatwa? Can we act according to the fatwas given today?
- What is haram to hear / listen to?
- 6- Delusion originating from searching the best deed
- Will you give information about the Imams of the four madhhabs?