Ablution is a problem for working women. Is it sufficient to wipe over thin socks while taking ablution, like wiping over the top of the feet without a complete wash of the feet?
Submitted by on Mon, 13/12/2010 - 10:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
Among the conditions of the validity of wiping over socks, the following conditions are present: the socks must be solid enough to stand without laces; they must not letting water in and must be durable enough for a normal course of walk of 5 kms. It is acceptable to wipe over socks which comply with these conditions. Those which do not have such qualifications cannot be wiped over.
Besides, if the socks worn over leather-made socks are thin enough to let the water over the leather-made socks when wiped while making ablution, they are acceptable to be wiped over. It is not permissible to wipe if the socks worn over leather-made socks do not let the wetness under.
Questions on Islam
- What are the necessary conditions for the validity of wiping over (Leather- Made) Socks (Khuffs)?
- Could you please give information about the leather-made socks (Khuffs)?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- What is the sincere repentance (tawbah nasuh)?
- What is Delusion (waswasa)? Could You Inform Us of its Reasons?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- Will you explain the issue of Allah’s creating the beings in the form of ibda and insha?
- How should we treat old aged parents? We may have difficulty in being patient against their wrong behaviors. What would you advise?
- How can I get rid of jealousy?