“There will be for them therein all that they wish and more besides in Our Presence.” (Qaf, 35) According to this verse, is Paradise limited? Why is it said ‘more besides in Our presence’?
Submitted by on Thu, 06/10/2011 - 10:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
There will be for them therein all that they wish and more besides in Our Presence. (Qaf, 35)
In the verse, it is said as follows: “there will be more besides in Our presence.” Humans demand benefactions and want to have things that lead to happiness according to their ability of knowing and understanding given to them in the world. However, spiritual benefactions that will make humans happy in the eternal life will not be limited like what is known, thought and dreamt of in the world life. In Paradise, there will be things that lead to prosperity such as “ridwan” (a state of perfection and pleasure caused by God’s acceptance; His declaration of His consent) and “Ruyatullah” – (seeing God beyond any imaginable attributes or qualities.)
(See. Diyanet Tefsiri, Kur’an Yolu: V/60-61)
Questions on Islam
- Surah 50. Qaf ((the Letter), (Q))
- Will there be night and day, brightness and darkness in Paradise? Are there the concepts of morning and evening there?
- What are the Stages of Life in the Hereafter?
- 2. Belief in the Hereafter
- How will conversations be in Paradise, will you please explain it by giving references from sources?
- What are the characteristics of paradise life? Is eternal life not boring even if it is in paradise?
- Will everybody be the same in Paradise? Will there be degrees of beauty?
- When there is no bad and good, no wrong and right, no aim, no test in the paradise, Isn't the life in Paradise aimless?
- Are angels Allah's daughters?
- What are the evidences related to the existence of the hereafter?