Your Fifth Question: How did the Prophet (pbuh) worship before his prophetic mission?
YOUR FIFTH QUESTION
The age of discretion is accepted to be fifteen. How did Allah’s Messenger (Upon whom be blessings and peace) worship before his prophetic mission?
T h e A n s w e r : He used to worship in accordance with what remained of the religion of Abraham (Upon whom be peace), which was still extant in Arabia, though in very obscure form. But this was through his own choice as a good act, not because he was obliged or compelled to in any way. This truth is lengthy, so let it remain at that for now.
- Fifth Point: To which religion did the forefathers of Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) belong in the era of interregnum?
- Fifth Matter: Can a person who says “La ilaha illallah (There is no god but Allah)” but does not say “Muhammadun Rasulullah (Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah)” find salvation?
- The Third Kind is some wondrous events that occurred at the time of the birth of Hz. Muhammad (pbuh).
- Fourteenth Sign: It mentions the miracles that became manifest as a result of the Prophet’s prayers.
- The Second Addendum to the Twenty-Fourth Letter: It is a short explanation about the Ascension (Miraj) of Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) and his Birth. The meaning of Mawlid and the necessity of reciting Mawlid.
- The Second Kind is the news given by soothsayers, and people like saints and gnostics about Hz. Muhammad’s (pbuh) coming.
- First Branch explains how the animal species recognized and approved the Prophet (pbuh) as a miracle.
- What are the characteristics of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Holy Books?
- The First Kind is the news given by the Torah, the Bible, the Psalms and other scriptures about Muhammad (pbuh).
- Second Matter which is the Second Booklet: It describes the following hadith: “Hz. Musa (Moses) struck Azrail (the angel of death) in the eye…”