What is Shafa’ah (Intercession)?
It is the supplication and praying of the Prophet and some other great personalities to Allah for the forgiveness of some sinful believers and for the elevation of obedient believers to higher ranks on the Day of Judgment.
Our Prophet owns a great intercession that was not given to any other prophets. He will use that intercession on the Day of Judgment in order to enable people to be saved from the horror of Mahshar by finishing their reckoning.
His intercession on the Day of Judgment is called “Shafa’ah al-Uzma” (Great Intercession). That privilege and high rank of intercession given to our Prophet is called “Maqam al-Mahmud” (the Station of Praise and Glory).
Apart from the great intercession of our Prophet related to humanity, there will be his special intercession for his ummah.
"From Ibn Abbas: Hazrat Prophet reported the following from Ruhu'l-Amin (Hazrat Jibril): The rewards and sins of a person are brought on the Day of Judgment and calculated). Even if there is only one good deed left, Allah grants that person His bounties in Paradise." (Ibn Kathir)
- Can you give the hadiths regarding the mercy and pardoning of Allah for the sinful slaves on the Day of Judgment?
- Which one is Superior?
- (It will be) the Day when no soul shall have power (to do) aught for another: for the Command, that Day, will be (wholly) with Allah. (Al-Infitar 82/19) Will there not be any Shafa’ah?
- What is intercession? (Shafa’ah) Intercession in verses and hadiths
- What are the causes that lead man to deception?
- Are angels Allah's daughters?
- What is the Pool of Kawthar?
- Do Hafiz people who have memorized the Quran have right of intercession (shafaah)?
- 1).Can one ask prophet(pbuh) & saints for help bearing in mind that the Actual Helper is Allah?2).Could one ask a Prophet or a deceased saint to pray to allah on his behalf.3).Who is on correct way Deobandis or Barelvis in Indian sub-continent?
- Visiting graves, tawassul and shafa’ah are true