Were there any signs about the coming of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in other monotheistic books?
Like monk, Bakhira a number of Christian and Jewish scholars saw the attributes of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in their holy books and admitted that they had truly seen the attributes of him. Despite this confession, most of them remained deprived of receiving the honor of being a Muslim. Among those who were honored were; Abdullah bin Salam, Vahb bin Munabbih, Abu Yaseer, Shamul, Asaad and Sa'laba bin Saye, İbni Binyamin, Muhayrıq, Kabu'l-Ahbar, Dagatır, Ibni Nafur and Jarud. (1)
The Holy Quran mentions the truthful scholars of the other religions: You will most certainly find that, of the people (of unbelief), the most violent in enmity toward the believers (the Muslims) are the Jews and those who associate partners with God. And you will most certainly find that the nearest of them in affection to the believers (the Muslims) are those who say: "We are Christians." This is because there are among them (the Christians) hermits (who devote themselves to worshipping God, especially at night) and monks (who struggle with their carnal selves, ever fearful of Gods punishment), and because they are not arrogant. When they hear what has been sent down to the Messenger, you see their eyes brimming over with tears because they know something of its truth (from their own Books); and they say: "Our Lord! We do believe (in Muhammad and the Quran); so inscribe us among the witnesses (of the truth in the company of his community). (Al-Maidah Surah, 5:82, 83)
1. Huseyin el-Jisri, Risale-i Hamidiye, Trans., p. 55-56; Bediuzzaman Said Nursi, The Letters, p. 168-169
- What does the religion of Haneef mean? Who were the Haneefs in Mecca before the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was given prophethood?
- Halal and clean food is mentioned in the Quran. What do “Halals are certain” and “clean food” mean?
- How should we understand the fact that the Jews knew that Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) was a prophet but did not believe in him? Why did they not become Muslims?
- What is Mustahab?
- Were there any signs that the Prophet (pbuh) would come in the other divine books?
- What is the way to understand Islam truly?
- How much admissible and valid of a Christians belief of God who believes in trinity?
- What is Christianity? Will you give information about the Christianity mentioned in the Quran?
- Does supplication effect?
- What is the purpose of Jihad?