The Twenty-Sixth Word: The Treatise on Divine Determining (Qadar/Destiny)
The Twenty-Sixth Word
THE TREATISE ON DIVINE DETERMINING
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
And there is not a thing but its [sources and] treasures [inexhaustible] are with Us, but We only send down thereof in due and ascertainable measures.1* And of all things have We taken account in a Clear Book.2
[Divine Determining3and the power of choice4are two important matters. We shall attempt to disclose a few of their mysteries in four ‘Topics’.]
1. Qur’an, 15:21.
2. Qur’an, 36:12.
3. Divine Determining (Qadar) is also known as fate or destiny. [Tr.]
4. The power of choice or faculty of will (juz’i irada, juz’-i ikhtiyari), also known as free will. [Tr.]
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- Second Addition: The light that was brought by Hz. Muhammad raises the veil of extinction, purposelessness and meaninglessness of the universe.
- The Subject Index of Risale-i Nur
- Second Point: It tells us that people have no right to complain about misfortunes and illnesses.
- Fourth Topic: It consists of ten unrelated matters, which form the answers to six questions.
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- Seventh Matter which is the Seventh Booklet: It explains an important secret about Risale-i Nur students, the seven divine aids, in the following verse: “Say: ‘In the bounty of Allah. And in His Mercy,- in that let them rejoice’:... (Yunus, 10:58.)
- Bediüzzaman Said Nursi
- Who is Bediuzzaman Said Nursi?
- The Tenth Letter explains the issues like qadar and lawh al-mahfuz (the preserved tablet) by defining the 'Clear Book' and the 'Clear Record; it also gives information about where the Great Gathering will take place.