The Third Reason: The prophethood versus sainthood; the difference between the rank of sainthood and prophethood.
Third Reason: As is proved in the Twelfth, Twenty-Fourth, and Twenty-Fifth Words, the comparison of prophethood and sainthood is that of the sun itself and the sun’s image as it appears in mirrors. Thus, however much higher the sphere of prophethood is than that of sainthood, the servants of the sphere of prophethood and the Companions, the stars of that Sun, have to be superior to the righteous in the sphere of sainthood to the same degree. The legacy of prophethood and veracity, which is the supreme sainthood, is the sainthood of the Companions; even if a saint attains to this, he still cannot reach the level of the Companions, the first rank. We shall explain three out of the numerous aspects of this Third Reason.
Please click on the following links to continue reading;
- First Instance of Wisdom: The effect of the conversation of the Prophet.
- The Second Reason: The distance between the truth and falsehood during the time of companion and the truthfulness of the Companions. The freshness and effect of the revolution that Islam established during the time of the Companions.
- First Aspect: The effect of social environment on talents during the time of the Companions.
- Fourth Allusion: It explains that sainthood is easy but also difficult, short but also long and valuable but also dangerous.
- Eighth Allusion: It mentions eight important dangers on the Sufi way. Ninth Allusion: The benefits of the Sufi way.
- Ninth Section (The Nine Allusions): It is about sainthood and Sufism
- Second Aspect: The difference between the way of Companion and tasawwuf (sufism) in the matters of closeness to Allah and “passing from the apparent to reality”.
- Third Aspect: The superiority of companions in regard to their service in the establishment of Islam.
- First Question: Why did the Companions not discover the troublemakers with the eye of sainthood since they were superior to saints and why were three of the four Rightly-Guided Caliphs martyred?
- Sixth Allusion: It explains that the best of the ways of sainthood is following the practices of the Prophet, that its most important foundation is sincerity, its sharpest strength is love, and that this world is not the realm of reward but...