Tenth Proof: Indications that show the continuance and permanence of the Being who changes the creatures that pass on in succession.
Come, my friend, who has come a little to his senses! We have been here fifteen days (1) now. If we do not know the regulations of this world and do not recognize its king, we shall deserve punishment. We have no excuse, because for fifteen days, as though given a respite, they did not interfere with us. Of course we have not just been left to our own devices. We cannot wander around among these delicate, well-balanced, subtle, skilfully made and instructive creatures like an animal and spoil them; they would not permit us to harm them. The penalties of this country’s august king are bound to be awesome. You can understand how powerful and majestic he is from the way he orders this huge world as though it was a palace, and makes it revolve like a machine. He administers this large country like a house, missing nothing. See, like filling a container and emptying it, he continuously fills this palace, this country, this town, with perfect order, and empties it with perfect wisdom. Like spreading out a table then clearing it away, varieties of foods are brought in turn and given to eat in the form of a great variety of tables (2) being laid out by an unseen hand in every part of his vast country, and then being cleared away. The unseen hand clears away one, then brings another in its place. You see this too, and if you use your head, you will understand that within that awesome majesty is an infinitely munificent liberality.
And see, just as all these things testify to that unseen one’s sovereignty and unity, so too these revolutions and changes which pass on in succession like caravans and are opened and closed from behind that true veil, testify to his continuance and permanence. For the causes of things disappear along with them. Whereas the things which we attribute to them, which follow on after them, are repeated. That means those works are not theirs, but the works of one who does not perish. It is understood from the the bubbles on the surface of a river disappearing and the bubbles which succeed them sparkling in the same way that what makes them sparkle is a constant and elevated possessor of light. Similarly, the speedy changing of things and the things that follow on after them assuming the same colours shows that they are the manifestations, inscriptions, mirrors, and works of art of one who is perpetual, undying, and single.
(1) Fifteen days indicates the age of fifteen, the age of discretion. (See, Bukhari, iii, 232.)
(2) The tables indicate the face of the earth in summer, during which hundreds of tables of the Most Merciful emerge fresh and different from the kitchens of mercy. Every garden is a cauldron, every tree, a tray-bearer.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- Ninth Proof: The ease of recognizing a single being who is the owner and maker of all works of art.
- The Twenty-Second Word: The works of art in the universe which inform about Allah; the ways of making out the artistic delicacies and the manifestation of oneness in them and gaining investigative belief (tahqiq).
- Tenth Flash: The stamp of oneness and continuance on death. A work points to the the deed, and the deed points to the name, attribute and doer.
- Third Aim: The explanation of verses such as “The Best of Creators” and “The Most Compassionate of the Compassionate” and the answer to the question about the perfection of the Creator of all the worlds.
- Second Station: It is a summary about the proof of oneness from the point of the Greatest Name.
- The Thirty-Third Word: It explains that there is a window opening to Almighty Allah in everything with thirty-three examples.
- The First Addendum to the Miracles of Muhammad (PBUH): The Nineteenth Word is about the messengership of Muhammad (pbuh) and the miracle of the splitting of the moon.
- Eleventh Proof: The confirmation of the news brought by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by living beings of the universe.
- About the Prophethood of Muhammad (PBUH)
- Seventh Proof: The observable wondrousness and manifestation of oneness in the cooperation and solidarity among living beings.