Sixth Mystery: It explains the value of Divine Mercy.
O unhappy man afflicted by a boundless impotence and endless wants! See from the following how valuable and acceptable an intercessor is divine mercy. For it is a way to know the All-Glorious Sovereign in Whose army both the stars and minute particles serve together in perfect order and obedience – the Glorious Monarch of Pre-Eternity and Post-Eternity, who is self-sufficient and utterly without need. He is rich without limit and in no way in need of the universe and its beings. The whole cosmos is under His command and direction, utterly obedient beneath His majesty and grandeur, submissive before His sublimity. That is divine mercy for you, O man! It raises you to the presence of the One who lacks all need, the Eternal Sovereign, and makes you His friend, addressee, and well-loved servant. But just as you cannot reach the sun and are far from it although it fills your mirror with its light, reflection, and manifestation, and you can in no way draw near to it; in the same way you are infinitely distant from the Most Pure and Holy One, the Sun of Pre-Eternity and Post-Eternity, and cannot draw near to Him, but the light of His mercy brings Him nearer to us.
O man! Anyone who finds this mercy finds an eternally unfailing treasury of light. And the way to find it is by following the practices of the Most Noble Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him), who was the most brilliant exemplar and representative of mercy, its most eloquent tongue and herald, and was described in the Qur’an as a “Mercy to All the Worlds.”
The way to attain to this embodiment of mercy who is a mercy to all the worlds is to utter the prayer calling down Allah’s blessings upon him. Indeed, the meaning of this prayer is mercy. As a prayer of mercy for that living embodiment of divine mercy, it is a means of reaching the Mercy to All the Worlds. So, make this prayer the means to the mercy to all the worlds for yourself, and at the same time make him the means of reaching the mercy of the Most Merciful One.
The whole Muslim community in all its vastness uttering this prayer which is synonymous with mercy for the Mercy to All the Worlds proves in brilliant fashion what a precious gift is divine mercy, and how broad is its sphere.
T o C o n c l u d e : Just as the most precious jewel in the treasury of mercy is the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him), its doorkeeper, so is its first key “In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate,” and its most easy key the prayer for the Prophet.
O Allah! Through the truth of “In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate” grant blessings and peace to the one whom You sent as a mercy to all the worlds as befits Your mercy, and in veneration of him, and to all his Family and Companions. And grant us mercy so as to make us free of want for the mercy of any other than You from among Your creatures. AMEN.
Glory be unto You! We have no knowledge save that which You have taught us. Indeed, You are All-Knowing, All-Wise.1
1. Qur'an, 2:32
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- About the Prophethood of Muhammad (PBUH)
- The First Word: The meaning and importance of Basmala (In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate). Basmala from the tongues of various creatures. What does man gain when he mentions the name of Allah and acts in His name?
- Fifth Truth: The indication of the truth of Mercy whose works are seen in the world of living beings, Hz. Muhammad (PBUH) and the names of Answerer of Prayer and Compassionate to the hereafter.
- The First Addendum to the Miracles of Muhammad (PBUH): The Nineteenth Word is about the messengership of Muhammad (pbuh) and the miracle of the splitting of the moon.
- The Eleventh Word: The meanings that prescribed prayers express. The aims of the creation of senses and faculties of man. The nine aims of human life.
- Fifth Point: What meanings does a person who performs five daily prayers in times that each one indicates specific periods in the life span of man and universe express?
- Why we pray five times a day?
- The Second Addendum to the Twenty-Fourth Letter: It is a short explanation about the Ascension (Miraj) of Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) and his Birth. The meaning of Mawlid and the necessity of reciting Mawlid.
- The First Addendum to the Twenty-Fourth Letter: It explains the interpretation of the following verse and states the importance of supplication (dua): “O people! No importance would your Sustainer attach to you were it not for your supplication.”
- Fifth Matter which is the Fifth Booklet: The booklet of Thanking.