A Sin that Destroys People
2- A Sin that Destroys People
The following is reported from Abu Hurayra: The Messenger of Allah said, “Avoid the seven great destructive sins." The people there asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What are they? "He said, "To join others in worship along with Allah, to practice sorcery, to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause, to eat up usury (interest), to eat up an orphan's wealth, to give back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse, chaste women who never even think of anything touching chastity.” (Bukhari, Muslim) Now, let us have a look at the other 6 sins which are considered to be equal to usury: polytheism, sorcery, killing people, eating up an orphan's wealth, fleeing from the battlefield and slandering chaste women. These destructive sins mentioned in the hadith are the biggest sins that destroy the otherworldly life of a person.
Now, we want to address the person who eats up usury: Your Prophet, whom you believe in, describes the sin of usury, which you commit recklessly, as destructive. Are you not afraid of being destroyed? Or, do you not believe in the word of the Prophet? Or, you believe in him but do you think that you will be forgotten and you will not be accounted for it? You take into consideration the warnings of people who might tell lies and you avoid something even if there is a risk of only one percent; why do you not take into consideration the warning of your Prophet, who never told lies, and not avoid usury and other sins? Do you have an answer to this question?
- The verses about usury (interest)
- Will you give information about major and minor sins?
- What are the harms done by sins to man?
- Those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger
- Those who touch the dust of usury
- Is it true that a person who commits the sin of associating partners with Allah will not be forgiven?
- Is it stated in the Quran that "ten afflictions" were sent to Egypt? If yes, what are they?
- What are the things that were given to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Miraj (Ascension)?
- Taking interest!!!!
- Is disrespect to parents (disobedience) a bigger sin than fornication?