The Person whose advent is given as good news in the Torah
The Torah Informs People about Hz. Muhammad (pbuh)
3- The Old Testament, the Book of Deuteronomy, 18:18
“I will raise up a prophet like you for them from among their fellow Israelites. I will put my words in his mouth and he will speak to them whatever I command.”
4- (The New Testament, Acts of the Apostles 3:22)
“Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like mefrom among your brothers.You must obey him in everything he tells you. Every person who does not obey that prophet will be destroyed and thus removed from the people.’ And all the prophets, from Samuel and those who followed him, have spoken about and announced these days.”
Now let us analyze these two sentences taken from the Bible:
1- The addressing of Hz. Moses as “your brothers” the sons of Israelites, who were coming from the race of Ishaq, who was the son of Hz. Abraham, is a sign for the descendants of Hz. Ishmael who was the brother of Hz. Ishaq, that is, for the sons of Ishmael. The prophet who came from the sons of Ishmael can only be the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) because only the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) came from the race of Ishmael. Hz. Joshua and Jesus did not come from the descendants of Hz. Ishmael but from the sons of Israel.
2- By saying “a prophet like me”, Hz. Moses implied the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). For it is the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) who resembles Hz. Moses by up to twenty qualities such as jihad, the laws and rules that he imposed, the punishments he imposed and his community’s obedience to him… but not Hz. Joshua or Jesus (AS).
3- The expression in the verse, “I will put my words in his mouth” is an implication for the illiteracy of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and though he did not know how to read and write, he memorized the word of Allah easily and read it to people. This news came true as exactly as it had been said.
And we want to point out to an expression that is present in the verses 18 and 19 of The Old Testament, the Book of Deuteronomy: In these sentences, it is emphasized “that prophet speaks with Lord’s name”. One of the most important characteristics of the Qur’an that was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is that, 113 surahs of 114 starts with “Basmala” that is “B-ismi-llahi r-rahmani r-rahim” ("In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful"). Besides, the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) started reading the verses of the Quran and everything with Basmala and advised his ummah to do so. Thus, the person about whom the good news was given in the Old Testament and was stated that he would start with Allah’s name is the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Torah.
- The person who appeared in splendor at Mount Paran
- Is it possible to find proofs for the prophethood of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible, Torah and Psalms?
- The Community Moses saw in the Torah
- Did Jews not accept the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) because He was not from Sons of Israel?
- What is the difference between the Quran and the Torah?
- The Signs for the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament
- What does distortion mean? Could you please explain How the Torah and the Gospel were distorted?
- An Ummah Given Mercy in the Last Days
- how can you disprove the jewish religion?