The Jurisprudents of the Companions
There were many Companions that gave fatwas on religious issues. While the four caliphs were in the first place in this issue, the companions whose fatwas were recorded and reached to us are as follows:
Hz. Umar, Hz. Ali, Abdullah bin Mas’ud, Abdullah bin Umar, Abdullah bin Abbas, Zayd bin Thabit, Hz. Aisha…
If the fatwas of these individuals were to be gathered, each one would form a great volume. Other than these, the fatwas of twenty Companions can form a booklet each.
- What is the reason why madhhabs were formed and what are their benefits for people?
- Zayd bin Thabit (r.a.)
- Umar bin Khattab (r.a.)
- “The Four Abdullahs”
- Will you give information about Hz. Umar? Did Hz. Umar make any mistakes in his ijtihads?
- Muadh bin Jabal (r.a.)
- Abu Musa al-Ash’ari (r.a.)
- What was the personality of Hz. Uthman like? Will you give detailed information?
- Do we need to follow sects (madhabs)? Why? Are there any hadith or verse about this in Quran?
- Abdullah bin Hudhafa (r.a.)