Christians say that Jesus (PBUH) will come back. How will that come true? Who will be he?
There are hadiths, which report that Jesus (PBUH) will return towards the end of the world and act in accordance with the Islamic rules. We cannot know what his return will be like. There is something certain that not all humanity will know about it.
The sign of whether Jesus, who will attempt to unite Christianity with the faith of unity (Islam) by saving Christianity from the sophistry of trinity, has returned or not will be understood by if there is any awakening in Christendom. If there is such an awakening, this means that Jesus (PBUH) is in action. For what is more, we have neither information nor the right of speaking.
Yes, Jesus, (PBUH) is alive and he is not dead. A number of sound hadiths report that he will descend to the earth before the end of the world. Below is the translation of hadith, which Cabir bin Abdullah reported in Sahih-i Muslim:
A group of people among my followers will carry on being helpful and servant to the right path till the Doomsday. Finally, Jesus, the son of Mary, descends and the leader of Muslims asks him, Be our Imam, and lead the prayer. Jesus (PBUH) says, No, as a bounty from Allah to this community, some of you are commander over the rest.
Bediuzzaman, who explains this and similar points in his The Letters, draws our attention to these issues:
At that point when the current appears to be very strong, the religion of true Christianity, which comprises the collective personality of Jesus (Upon whom be peace), will emerge. That is, it will descend from the skies of Divine Mercy. Present Christianity will be purified in the face of that reality; it will cast off superstition and distortion, and unite with the truths of Islam. Christianity will in effect be transformed into a sort of Islam. Following the Quran, the collective personality of Christianity will be in the rank of follower, and Islam, in that of leader. True religion will become a mighty force because of its joining it. Although defeated before the atheistic current while separate, Christianity and Islam will have the capability to defeat and rout it because of their union.
There are great praises in sound hadith reports for the final Christians who will realize this union.
As for the descent of Jesus (PBUH) in flesh, let us listen to this point in The Letters:
Then the person of Jesus (Upon whom be peace), who is present with his human body in the world of the heavens, will come to lead the current of true religion, as, relying on the promise of One Powerful Over All Things, the Bringer of Sure News has said. Since he has told of it, it is true, and since the One Powerful over All Things has promised it, He will certainly bring it about.
Indeed, it is not far from the wisdom of an All-Wise One of Glory Who all the time sends the angels to the earth from the heavens, sometimes sends them in human form (like Gabriel appearing in the form of Dihya), sends spirit beings from the Spirit World making them appear in human form, even sends the spirits of most of the dead saints to the world with similitude of their bodies, it would not be far from His Wisdom - even if he was not alive and present with his body in the skies of the world, and had truly died and departed for the furthest corner of the Hereafter - to clothe Jesus (Upon whom be peace) in his body and send him to the world, so to bring the religion of Jesus to a good conclusion; for such a momentous result. Indeed, He promised it because His wisdom required it to be thus, and since He promised it, He will most certainly send him.
When Jesus (Upon whom be peace) comes, it is not necessary that everyone should know him to be the true Jesus. His elect and those close to him will recognize him through the light of belief. It will not be self-evident so that everyone will recognize him. (1)
(1) The Letters by Bediuzzaman Said Nursi, trans. Şükran Vahide, p. 77,78,79, Sözler Publications, İstanbul, 2001
- Did Jesus (Hz. Isa) (pbuh) die? Will you explain the issue from the Islamic point of view?
- What is the wisdom behind Hz. Isa’s being sent at the end of time? Why does Hz. Muhammad (pbuh), who is the last prophet, not come and spread Islam again?
- Although some prophets were allowed to be killed when they announced the true religion, why was Jesus ascended to the sky? Even our prophet’s tooth was broken at a battle. What feature of Jesus caused this?
- Fourth Question: It is said that Hz. Isa (Jesus) will descend to the earth at the end of time, kill the Antichrist (Dajjal) and that most people will enter the true religion.
- Why was Jesus (pbuh) raised to the sky although some prophets were allowed to be killed why conveying the religion to people? Furthermore, one tooth of our Prophet was broken during a battle. From which property of Jesus does this incident originate?
- Will Jesus Christ descend again upon earth before the Doom breaks out?
- The First Kind is the news given by the Torah, the Bible, the Psalms and other scriptures about Muhammad (pbuh).
- What are the characteristics of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Holy Books?
- Will you give information about the Bible of Barnabas?
- The First Question explains whether Hz. Khidr is alive or not and the five levels of life.