Is working at night not contrary to the verse of the Quran as well as to human nature?
Since Allah created the night for resting and the daytime for working, is working on a night shift at a hospital not contrary to the verse of the Quran as well as to human nature?
Submitted by on Tue, 22/10/2019 - 10:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is a general rule or state for daytime to be arranged as working and night to be arranged as resting and sleeping time; one can work at night if it is necessary for individuals or a community; it is permissible to sleep and rest during daytime; there is no verse or hadith which forbids it.
Hayrettin Karaman (Prof. Dr.)
Questions on Islam
- Is there a drawback in terms of health and religion to sleep after the morning prayer and between the afternoon and evening prayer (faylula, ghaylula and qaylula)?
- Is it sin to sleep by lying face down? What are the manners of sleeping?
- We are the Ones Who Need Worship!
- Third Point: The uniqueness and wondrousness of the Qur'an's style.
- The Thirty-Third Word: It explains that there is a window opening to Almighty Allah in everything with thirty-three examples.
- Is there a hadith that prohibits sleeping before performing the night prayer and that prohibits talking after performing the night prayer?
- Are scientific discoveries mentioned in the Quran?
- Life in the Grave is True
- Will you give information about arranging time?
- Is it nature that creates?