Will you give information about Hz. Khidr?
Submitted by on Thu, 30/04/2015 - 15:48
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is no detailed information about the life of Hz. Khidr. In the Quran, the name of Khidr is not mentioned clearly. However, it is understood from the story of Hz. Moses (Musa) that the person mentioned in verses 60-82 of the chapter of al-Kahf as follows is Hz. Khidr:
"…One of Our servants on whom We had bestowed Mercy from Ourselves and whom We had taught knowledge from Our own presence."(al-Kahf, 18/65)
For, it is clearly stated in the sound hadiths reported from the Prophet (pbuh) that this person is Khidr. (see Bukhari, Ilm 16, 44, Tafsiru'l-Qur'an, Tafsiru Surati'l-Kahf 2-4; Muslim, Fadail 170-174)
Questions on Islam
- Prophet Khidr (Peace be upon him)
- Does Allah inform anybody whom He wishes about ghayb (unknown/unseen)?
- Prophet Dhul-Qarnayn (Peace be upon him)
- In some verses, it is stated that "ghayb (the unseen, the unknown) cannot be known by anyone except Allah. How can it be explained under the light of these verses that some prophets and saints give news about the future?
- Will you give information about the virtue of reciting surah al-Kahf on Friday?
- Can you give some information about Dhul-Qarnayn mentioned in Surah of Al-Kahf?
- Is Hz. Khidr alive? According to the following verse, it is impossible for Hz. Khidr to be alive: "We granted not to any man before thee permanent life (here)" (al-Anbiya, 21/34)
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- Did Ashab al-Kahf (the people of the Cave) / Seven Sleepers and our Prophet live at the same time period? Did they know about each other?
- Can you please give information about Ashab Al-Kahf (People Of The Cave)?