Will people belong to races in Paradise?
- Will their characteristics in the world be their identities there?
Submitted by on Mon, 05/10/2020 - 15:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
All negative things will be eliminated in Paradise. Nobody will be a racist. The utopia of race will not be able to pass through the gate of Paradise.
However, there is no drawback for people to remember that they belonged to such and such races in the world.
“Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that Day, nor will one ask after another.” (al-Muminun, 23/101)
It is indicated in the verse above that no relationship including race – except the relationship with Allah – will be in question in the hereafter
“The righteous (will be) amid gardens and fountains (of clear-flowing water). (Their greeting will be): ‘Enter ye here in peace and security.’ And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury: (they will be) brothers (joyfully) facing each other on thrones (of dignity).” (al-Hijr, 15/45-47)
It is emphasized in the verses above that no negative thought will be present among the people of Paradise and that they all will be brothers.
On the other hand, no matter to what race people belong, they will be called to account for their deeds, not for their races. There is no criterion like "those belonging to this race to Paradise and those belonging to that race to Hell". However, the following criteria will exist: "Believers to Paradise and unbelievers to Hell". Being a believer or an unbeliever is not peculiar to a single race. There are believers and unbelievers in almost all races.
The Prophet (pbuh) states the following regarding the issue:
"Allah will not ask you about your lineage and descendants. The best one among you in the eye of Allah is the one that avoids bad deeds the most." (Muslim, Birr, 33)
The Prophet (pbuh) states the following in another hadith:
"Allah does not look at your wealth and shapes but at your hearts and deeds." (Ibn Majah, Zuhd, 9)
Questions on Islam
- “Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that day, nor will one ask after another! (Surah Al-Mumenoon 23/101)” Why has the example of relationship been given in this verse?
- Foreword (About Racism)
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- What is the advice of the Prophet (pbuh) about swimming, archery, horse riding, etc.?
- Is it true that men get 72 virgin women in paradise when they die? If so does it apply to a men that are married in this life as well?
- Is it a sin to damn and curse sinful believers?
- Is it necessary to deny ones race in Islam?
- Does the Lord of the Quran make plans (set traps)? How can we answer those who make these claims by using some verses as excuses?
- Will I be able to change my race in Paradise?
- Will you give information about conceit?