Why was Hz. Lut’s wife destroyed?
Submitted by on Tue, 11/09/2018 - 10:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hz. Lut’s wife, Wahila, did not actually believe in Lut (Lot). She said she believed but she hid her unbelief.
The relationship of husband and wife between them and the high rank of being a prophet’s wife had no significance in the struggle between belief and unbelief at a certain point.
Unbelief cuts off all relationships. The bond of marriage, which is the strongest bond, remains ineffective.
Thus, everybody is tested in this world. As a matter of fact, Hz. Nuh’s wife, Waila, betrayed Hz. Nuh; though she lived in the house of a prophet, she remained an unbeliever until her death and died as an unbeliever.
In fact, both of them were in a great boon that would enable them to attain happiness in both the world and the hereafter. They were wives of two beloved prophets of Allah. However, they missed this boon due to their betrayal.
Questions on Islam
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- It is emphasized in some verses that what unbelievers do are of no use. However, the following is stated in verse 7 of the chapter of az-Zilzal: "Then shall anyone who has done an atom´s weight of good, see it…". How will you explain it?
- Will you give information about the children of the Prophet (pbuh)?
- What are the major sins? What are the seven major sins? Fornication and polytheism (shirk) are major sins; are hidden shirk and fornication of the eyes also among major sins?
- Is it impossible for man to have been created through evolution? Is it contrary to Islam? How is the creation of man narrated in the Quran?
- What does to check hadiths against the Quran mean? Did the Prophet say, "Whatever comes to you from me, check it against the Book of Allah; if it is in accordance with the Book of Allah, then I said it, but if it goes against it, then I did not say it."?
- Is there a narration about Hz. Umar’s getting permission from the Prophet (pbuh) to beat women? Will you inform me about the hadith of the Prophet (pbuh) regarding the issue?
- Will Allah throw people into Hell for nothing? How should we understand the following verse: "If We had so willed, We could certainly have brought every soul its true guidance: but the Word from Me will come true,..." (as-Sajda, 32/13)?
- What is Islam? Will you give detailed information about Islam?
- What are the characteristics of paradise life? Is eternal life not boring even if it is in paradise?