Why did Hz. Adam and Hz. Hawwa meet in Arafat?
- It seems that Allah tried to spread Islam from the Middle East but He could have spread it from Africa or Europe.
- Why were Hz. Adam and Hz. Hawwa ordered to meet in Arafat?
- What can be the reasons and the wisdom behind it?
Submitted by on Wed, 19/02/2020 - 15:43
Dear Brother / Sister,
- No matter where Hz. Adam and Hz. Hawwa met, the same question would be asked: “Why that place?”
It is very difficult to explain such issues without any definite knowledge. We have not been able to find any information like that in verses of the Quran and hadiths.
- However, we can state the following as an interpretation: It seems that God Almighty made the Middle East a center in several aspects. Most of the prophets emerged from the Middle East. Most of the revelations were sent down to the Middle East in the form of divine message.
Primarily, the origin of the ummah of Islam, which is the best ummah and the most moderate one in terms of creed and deeds, is the Middle East.
Similarly, that the first origin of humanity in the world is in the Middle East / Arafat is in compliance with the “Middle East centered” divine wisdom foresight.
- Allah, who makes everything based on wisdom and who opens a window of oneness (tawhid) in everything, may have indicated the reality of oneness with the tongue of those synchronicities / divine coincidences. For divine coincidence indicates alliance, alliance indicates union, union indicates unity and unity indicates oneness.
The target of all those heavenly revelations is oneness. The way leading to that target is “sirat al-mustaqim”, which means, the best way, the straight path, the moderate path and the middle way.
The divine wisdom, which is based on measure, moderation and balance in everything and which choses the middle (moderate) way, may have drawn a map of “middle way” by creating humanity and most of the prophets that educated them in “the Middle East”.
- The concept of “sirat al-mustaqim (the straight path)” repeated many times in the Quran is used both for Allah and the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as well as his ummah:
“Allah guideth them (His believing slaves) to a path that is straight.” (al-Maida, 5/16)
“Verily, it is my Lord that is on a straight Path.” (Hud, 11/56)
“By the Qur´an, full of Wisdom,- Thou art indeed one of the messengers, On a Straight Way.” (Yasin, 36/2-4)
- The middle way which is “sirat al-mustaqim” like golden ratio seems to be a criterion of guidance.
As a matter of fact, the verse emphasizing the ummah of Islam is “ummatan wasatan / an ummah justly balanced (middle/medium ummah)” in the Quran is in the middle of the chapter of al-Baqara.
Yes, that verse is verse 143 of the chapter of al-Baqara and is in the middle of the chapter. The number of the verses of that chapter is 286 (2x143).
Questions on Islam
- How can man straighten his feelings? How can we attain stability in practicing our religion?
- What does Sirat-al mustaqim mean?
- Do people go astray because Allah wills?
- Shia and their claims about Hz. Ali’s caliphate...
- What kind of a balance should be established between enjoying and abandoning worldly pleasures?
- Are the explanations about the pronoun "hu (he/it)" mentioned in verse 61 of the chapter of az-Zukhruf debatable? What/Whom does that pronoun indicate?
- How long and why did Prophet Adam remain away from Hawwa (Eve)?
- How should we understand the concept of "Sirat-al Mustakim" (the straight path) which is mentioned in the Qur'an?
- Will you give information about not causing disagreement and discord?
- Does Allah like aggressive people?