Why is the birthday of the Prophet important for us?
Submitted by on Wed, 23/02/2011 - 11:40
Dear Brother / Sister,
April 20, 571 (the 12th night of the month of Rabi’ul-awwal) is the date when our beloved Prophet was born; it is called the birthday of the Prophet. It is the birthday of the Prophet of the prophets, whom the universe and the humankind had been looking forward to for centuries. He is the prayer of Hazrat Ibrahim, the glad-tiding of Jesus, and the dream of Abdulmuttalib, his grandfather and Amina, his mother. The Incident of the Elephant informed about his coming. Several extraordinary events took place on the night he was born. A holy light that illuminated the east and west of the world was seen. The fire of the fireworshippers which had been burning continuously for a thousand years blew out. The valley of Samawa, which had been dry for centuries, was flooded. Tens of stars fell down from the sky. Fourteen towers of Kisra’s Palace fell down spontaneously. Most of the idols in the Kaaba were overturned. The devil gave out a deadly scream. Many more mysterious incidents took place one after another because the Master of the Universe, the Source of Pride of the humanity, Hazrat Ahmad Mahmud Muhammad Mustafa (pbuh) was coming to the world. All of the beings welcomed him by standing.
To celebrate the birth of the Prophet of human beings and jinn, to utter salawat for him, to mention his name, to remember that we are his ummah thanks to this night is a nice application that has been done for a long time by Muslims.
Questions on Islam
- Could you please give information on the Battle of Badr,Uhud and Khandaq?
- What animals are mentioned in the Qur´an?
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?
- There are hadiths stating that the dead bodies of the prophets will not decay. Can you clarify this issue for us?
- Why does Allah (SWT) love His slaves?
- How did human beings go to and settle in continents? How did they go especially to America?
- Is it permissible to intend to combine prayers if there is a possibility of missing a prayer? and In what situations can one imitate other madhhabs (sects) and combine prayers?
- Is everything mentioned in the Quran?
- Is there a hadith as follows?: "Never will succeed such a nation as lets their affairs carried out by a woman."
- Is our Prophet (pbuh) any different from other prophets?