Why are the sins that are left to the hereafter given very severe penalties?
- Why are sins cleared with minor penalties in the world but with very severe penalties in the hereafter? - That is, why are the sins that are left to the hereafter undergo a very severe operation of cleansing beginning from the grave?
Submitted by on Thu, 28/09/2017 - 10:59
Dear Brother / Sister,
The sins that are purified in the world are generally minor sins. The ones that are left to the hereafter are major sins.
Minor crimes are dealt with in small local courts and major crimes are dealt with in big courts.
However, we cannot say that those who are destroyed by misfortunes like earthquakes, floods and plagues in the world are purified with minor penalties.
Destruction of many nations took place in the world. We cannot call such penalties minor.
The following statements will shed light on the issue:
"Just as the penalties of those perpetrating small crimes are delivered locally and serious crimes are sent to the high courts, so too, according to the rules, the small errors of believers and close friends are punished swiftly and in part in this world, in order to quickly purify them.
But the crimes of the people of misguidance are so great that since their punishments exceed this brief worldly life, as required by justice they are referred to the Supreme Tribunal in the eternal realm, and mostly they do not receive any punishment here” (Nursi, Lem'alar, p. 48)
Questions on Islam
- Why does Allah give wealth and property to sinners in this world and allow them to reach their goals?
- "Allah may delay the penalty of oppression but He will never ignore it." Will you explain this statement?
- Life in the Grave is True
- What is the reason for the application of penalties for some sins?
- When was the first penalty of cutting off a hand for theft was given?
- Why do the troubles like earthquake, war, plague, etc usually happen to Muslims?
- When I look at myself and at the world, I see that we are in constant pain and sorrow. Does Allah become happy by causing us to feel pain?
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- Is reincarnation mentioned in the Quran?
- Is it not a contradiction that Allah created the sins and human beings so that they would repent and that He blamed those who committed sins and threatened them with Hell?