Who are the ten people who were given the glad tidings of Paradise by Allah?
Submitted by on Thu, 23/12/2010 - 06:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
An expression which is used for the ten notable people from the Companions who were given the glad tidings of Paradise by the Prophet (pbuh) while they were alive. There is no proof on this subject in the Holy Qur’an but this subject is definite by the sound hadiths of the Messenger of and is a natural event according to the general principles of Islam. The expressions “Ashara al-Mubashshara” and “al-Mubashshirun bi’l-Jannah” were used relating to the companions of the Prophet Muhammad. The famous ten companions are these: Hz. Abu Bakr (d.634), Hz. Umar (d.643), Hz. Uthman (d.655), Hz. Ali(d.660), Hz. Abdurrahman b. Awf (d.652); Hz. Abu Ubayda b. al-Jarrah(d.639), Hz. Talha b. Ubaydullah (d.656), Hz. Zubayr b. Awwam (d.656), Hz. Sa’d b. Abi Waqqas (d.674), Hz. Sa’d b. Zayd (d.671). These mighty companions have unique charactersitics. For example: These personalities who were the first people to become Muslims in Mecca contributed greatly to The Holy Prophet and the cause of Islam. All of these companions attended the Battle of Badr, which was the first great jihad. They pledged allegiance to the Holy Prophet under the tree and promised to protect him and Islam forever on the day of Hudaybiya. They did not avoid fighting for Allah in the name of Islam against their close relatives. Some of the hadith-scholars have started their works with the hadiths that these ten companions reported. Also, some books that are only about “Ashara al-Mubashshara” were written. The virtues of them and that they were given the glad tidings of Paradise by the Messenger of Allah are written in sound hadith books. (Tirmidhi, Manaqib,25; Ahmad b. Hanbal, I, 193)
Questions on Islam
- The Levels of the Companions
- Talha bin Ubaydullah (r.a.)
- What are the verses and hadiths that praise the companions?
- What are the reasons for the wars among Ashara al-Mubashshara (Companions)?
- What is Implied with the word Conquest in the Tenth Verse of Chapter al-Hadíd:Not equal among you are those who spent (freely) and fought, before the Conquest, (with those who did so later) Could you Make an Asses
- The Companions of the Prophet (PBUH)
- What was the personality of Hz. Uthman like? Will you give detailed information?
- Amir bin Abi Waqqas (r.a.)
- Can I learn the names of the two Companions whom the Prophet (pbuh) followed in prayer? How did it happen?
- Magnificent Opportunity: the First Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah; Layal Ashara