Where is the grave/tomb of the prophet Ayyub?
Submitted by on Tue, 19/05/2015 - 11:29
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is narrated that 7 people from the prophet Ayyub’s nation believed in Allah, and that he died at the age of 140 or 93 (See, Ö. N. Bilmen, Kur’ân-ı Kerim’in Türkçe Meâl-i Âlisi ve Tefsiri, IV, 2174).
According to Ayni, the interpreter of Bukhari, the prophet Ayyub’s tomb is in Besne in Damascus (Tajrid, IX, 143.).
Questions on Islam
- Prophet Ayyub [Job] (Peace be upon him)
- Would you give me information about the disease of Hz. Ayyub? It is said that his body was infested by worms. So, can a prophet be disgusting to his tribe?
- Is the photograph that is claimed to be the grave of the Prophet (pbuh) on the internet real?
- What does Islam say about Visiting Graves? What are the appropriate manners for Visiting Graves in Islam?
- Wahhabis say that tombs are indicators of shirk (polytheism). How was the application of the Companions? What are the views of the Islamic scholars regarding the issue?
- The Grave of a Prophet
- Is it justifiable for a man who lost his right hand, his wealth, wife and job in an accident to commit suicide?
- The Prophet Enters Madinah
- Will you give information about the prayer to be said while visiting graves?
- How should we spend holy nights? What should we do in order to gain Allah's (SWT) content?