When worship is mentioned, commands like performing prayers and fasting come to the mind. Does worship include only prayers and fasting?
Submitted by on Fri, 08/03/2013 - 09:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
No. Worship does not consist of the orders of the religion like daily prayers and fasting only. Everything, every act, word, deed, view and intention in accordance with the consent of Allah are regarded as worship. Both to obey the orders of Allah and to avoid His prohibitions are equally regarded as worship. Therefore, it is possible to divide worship into two:
1. Righteous deeds, 2. Taqwa.
Righteous deeds means to fulfill the orders of Allah like daily prayers, fasting, etc.
Taqwa means to avoid the things that Allah prohibits like alcohol, gambling and fornication.
Questions on Islam
- When worship is mentioned, commands like performing prayers and fasting come to the mind. Does worship include only prayers and fasting?
- What are the deeds that need to be kept secret and that should not be told to others?
- What contributions can the month of Ramadan make to us so that we will be disciplined individuals? What kind of habits should Ramadan form in us?
- Will the thawabs of a person who performs prayers but commits sins be more than his sins due to his prayers?
- 2. Prayer
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?
- Prayer, the summary of all kinds of worship
- How appropriate is it to say, "Allah will forgive" and not to worship?
- What is Islam? Will you please give detailed information about Islam?
- What is Islam? Will you give detailed information about Islam?