When does a day start and end according to our religion?
Submitted by on Fri, 10/03/2017 - 12:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
A whole day is a day with the night and daytime. Every night belongs to the day that comes after it. Therefore, a whole day starts in the evening and continues up to the evening of the following day.
For instance, "Friday night" is the night connecting Thursday with Friday. Similarly, the night of arafah is the night before the day of arafah. The other holy nights are also determined based on this criterion.
Questions on Islam
- What are Tashriq Takbirs? When are they Uttered?
- When does the day start?
- They say the month of Safar is a "month of misfortunes. Is it true? Is it true that the Prophet (pbuh) was hit by some misfortune and became ill in this month? Is there any worshipping peculiar to this month or a prayer of protection?
- Will you give information about arranging time?
- What is Risale-i Nur? Will you give detailed information about it?
- How can we contend with Dajjal? What can we do to avoid the mischief of Dajjal?
- What Will Mahdi Do?
- When is it appropriate to perform fasting about holy nights; on the day before the night or after the night?
- The Fact that Hadiths Concerning the End of Time Do not Express a Certainty Prompted People to Seek For a Mahdi and Dajjal in Each Century. What is its Wisdom (Reason)?
- What is the reason why Muslims suffer? Why are all of the people who are oppressed in the world Muslims? Why are the Muslims in the countries like Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq and Chechnya in agony?