What time did the Prophet have breakfast?
Submitted by on Fri, 16/07/2021 - 10:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
After performing duha prayer, the Prophet (pbuh) would return home if there was no plan to go somewhere and would ask if there was anything to eat at home. If there was something to eat, he would have breakfast; if there was nothing to eat, he would say, “Then, I will fast today.” (Muslim, Siyam, 169). Thus, he would fast that day.
According to what is understood from narrations, unlike today, eating was not in the center of life in the life of the Prophet (pbuh); daily life was not arranged based on meals; they did not spend much time eating and they did not regard it as a problem when there was nothing to eat; they did not have square meals; they did not talk about types of meal all the time in conversations and they did not travel many kilometers to eat some nice food.
Questions on Islam
- How should one day of a believer / Muslim be? How was one day of the Prophet (pbuh)?
- How did Abu Talib, who took the Prophet (pbuh) under his protection, and his wife, Fatima, treat the Prophet?
- What is the sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) regarding eating?
- Did the wives of the Prophet have the custom of inviting women and serving them meals?
- What are the benefits of eating and drinking a little? What should be the criterion for eating?
- How did the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon himself) protect himself from the customs of the Era of Ignorance?*
- How did our Prophet (pbuh) treat his wives?
- Although there is a limitation in the Quran about marrying stating that a man can marry at most four women, why did the Prophet (pbuh) marry more women?