What should young people who suffer from shyness do and what should they do in order to gain self-confidence?
Submitted by on Sat, 25/12/2010 - 13:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
-Confidence or shyness is related with the issue that someone will face. There is a proverb “Man is the enemy of what he does not know”. Thus, at first we should have the knowledge that can be used in front of the people we will confront.
-This shyness can either be by birth or develop by the effect of the environment where that person was brought up. At first, it is appropriate for him/her to have experience in small and sincere environments.
-Cicero who could not talk properly before became one of the best preachers of the world after his persistent trials for having a good speech and his efforts by putting small pebbles into his mouth shows that faith will move mountains.
-Changing an opinion with another one is a perfect desire provided that the new idea is more powerful than the old one. Rutherford says, “The cure of laziness is working, the cure of selfishness is self-devotion, the cure of unbelief is obeying the commands of Allah (SWT) and the cure of shyness is facing the frightening thing from the front.”
-Man is in the presence of Allah wherever he is. If shyness is a good and necessary behavior, then Allah (SWT) is the most worthy of it. Man should always be afraid of not being worthy of Him with his/her manners, words and every state. And he should fear him and avoid making mistakes. Anyone who has this understanding can act easily while he/she is with other creatures because there is no place and moment that he is not in the presence of the Creator, Allah. Why does he refrain from acting or saying something which is proper to be done in His presence while he is with other created beings by His permission?
It is appropriate to say the dua (prayer) that Hz. Moses did for this purpose: “Rabbish rahli sadri wa yas-sir li amri wahlul uqdatan min-lisani yafqahu qawli” (Moses) said: "O my Lord! Expand me my breast; Ease my task for me” (Taha, 20/25-28)
Questions on Islam
- How can we keep modesty and self-confidence in balance?
- Will you give information about football and its objectionable aspects? How does the religion Islam view sport games such as football, basketball etc.?
- How should we see the illnesses like depression and stress from the point of view of religion, how should one be treated spiritually? Are there any hadiths of our Prophet regarding the issue?
- What are the effects of ethics on society?
- Could you please give me information about the Oneness of Allah? What does Burhan al-Tamanu (Reductio ad Impossible) mean?
- What is Delusion (waswasa)? Could You Inform Us of its Reasons?
- Is faith in heart? If so, what sort of situation appears in heart transplantation?
- Why does Allah command people
- What does dignity/to be dignified and modesty/to be modest mean; could you explain?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?