What should a woman do if she is unjustly treated?
Submitted by on Thu, 03/09/2009 - 10:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
A woman can divorce from her husband if she is unjustly treated. She can even get the right of her mahr (portion paid by the groom to the bride for marriage) payment in the event of divorcement.
Who has to take after the children in the case of spouses getting divorced?
Taking care of the children is the responsibility of the mother and affording the expenses is the responsibility of the father.
For those three kinds of expenses, the father pays an amount that the experts approve for the mother. He can visit his child when s/he is with mother. There is no obligation for taking the child to him.
Questions on Islam
- In what cases does a woman have the right to work without her husband’s permission? What is the freedom of single or married women to spend their earnings?
- Are children supposed to be looked after by their father or by their mother after their parents have divorced? If mother is supposed to look after them, does father have to pay compensation money for children until they reach puberty?
- Can you give information about adoption? Does the child who is adopted become a stranger to the adoptive mother when he grows up? And what is the religious decree to remove that state?
- adopting children
- Foster Relationship
- Hadith explanation
- Will you give information about the reasons for the divorce?
- MARRIAGE IN ISLAM
- Is it halal for a woman to accept the right of nafaqa (alimony) given to her by official law? Does that nafaqa given substitute for mahr? Does man have to look after his own children and his step children?
- If a mother or father curses their children about an issue though he or she is wrong, will their curse be accepted?