What is the decree related to working as a lawyer in a non-Muslim country?
Submitted by on Fri, 16/08/2019 - 11:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
The people who work as lawyers, judges and prosecutors work mentally by using their reasoning, information and knowledge related to the cases that they are engaged and they also work physically (though partly). The money the lawyers get is in return for that mental and physical work. Therefore, the money that lawyers get is legitimate (halal) as long as they do not defend the cases that are religiously illegitimate and as long as they act in accordance with the principles of the truth, justice and conscience.
However, if they defend the cases that are religiously illegitimate and that are not in compliance with the principles of the truth, justice and conscience, they will share the sin that is committed and the money they get will become doubtful religiously.
Therefore, it is not appropriate and it is a sin to help people who deal with wrong deeds in terms of religion and ethics in return for money and to defend their cases within the framework of law and based on the opportunities given by law.
Questions on Islam
- What is the decree on working as a lawyer in a non-Muslim country?
- Is it permissible to learn and practice the profession of a lawyer, prosecutor and judge?
- What is the Meaning of Life for the Atheist and the Believer?
- Is there any religious objection for women's working? Is it religiously permissible for women to work among man?
- Can a woman and her children eat from the haram earnings of the husband and the father?
- What are the types of backbiting? Why and to what extent is backbiting bad?
- "If they say, summarize the Bible, I will say, 'love'. If they say, summarize the Quran, I will say, 'love in Makkan verses, grudge, hatred, enmity, killing, war and sword in Madinan verses'." Will you inform me about the issue?
- THE IDEOLOGICAL FOUNDATION OF ISLAM
- Is it permissible to work in banks and insurance companies?
- What are the fundamental rights Islam gives to man?