What is the decree about the Shiite who curse and insult the Companions?
What is the decree with evidences about the people (especially the Shiite) who mention some Companions by their names and say that they are unbelievers, and curse and insult them though it is stated in the Quran that Allah is pleased with them and the Messenger of Allah stated in his hadiths that they would go to Paradise?
Submitted by on Thu, 03/05/2018 - 11:58
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Shiite who do so say that the names of those Companions are not mentioned in the Quran. They do not accept those hadiths as sound.
Thus, according to their belief, they do not deny the Quran and the Sunnah and hence they do not exit the religion of Islam. They exit the madhhab of Ahl as-Sunnah and enter the madhhab of Ahl al-Bid’ah.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible for people from different madhhabs to marry? Do spouses have to belong to the same madhhab?
- What does Ahl as-Sunnah mean and what are its properties?
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- What things constitute Kufr? like what statements and actions, examples?
- Ahl as-Sunnah avoids takfir (accusing another Muslim of being an unbeliever).
- Could you please give information about wahhabism?
- Is it possible to exit Hell?
- What is major and minor “Kufr” (unbelief)? Will you explain it by giving examples? How can we protect ourselves from all kinds of unbelief?
- Does a Muslim who says ‘a nice thing’ for something haram become an unbeliever?
- Did the Prophet damn Hz. Abu Bakr and Hz. Umar?