What are the details for performing "Akika and Qurban" (sacrifice)? for whom Akika and Qurban (sacrifice) fard?
Submitted by on Sat, 21/11/2009 - 09:29
Dear Brother / Sister,
The sacrifice of aqiqa is not fard. It is sunnah. A person can perform it if he wants or vice versa. A person who does not slaughter a sacrifice is not regarded to have committed a sin. A person who slaughters one will get its reward. The sacrifice slaughtered in eid al-adha is wajib according to Hanafi madhhab. There are some conditions for the wujub of sacrifice. It is wajib for someone who meets those conditions to slaughter an animal.
For whom is Qurban (Sacrifice) wajib?
The following conditions are necessary for a person in order to slaughter an animal:
1 – To be a Muslim.
2 – To be free
3 – To be a resident, not a traveler.
4 – To have enough money that necessitates sadaqah fitrah..
5 – To become sane and mature. The fifth condition is controversial. According to some scholars, it is not necessary to become sane and baligh (mature, developed) for sacrifice to become wajib. It is necessary for a rich child and insane person to sacrifice an animal. Their parents should slaughter a sacrifice for them. The amount of nisab (minimum amount) for zakat and sadaqah fitra is 80 grams of gold or 561 grams of silver.
Questions on Islam
- As Eid Al Adha Approaches…
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- What are the frequent questions about hajj?
- We see that some people slaughter a sacrifice on behalf of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Is it permissible to slaughter a sacrifice on behalf of people who passed away?
- Will you give detailed information about aqiqa sacrifice? Why are two animals sacrificed for a boy and one animal for a girl?
- What is the difference between Fard and Wajib?
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).
- For whom is it wajib to sacrifice an animal? Who sacrifices an animal?
- When did the Prophet (pbuh) perform the first prayer?